OC 3

7 hours ago, Mr.Outback said:

Pro+ on my vehicle sheets water off immediately or at worst within a second, leaving beads behind.  It gets ONR'ed every 1 - 2 weeks, maintenance washed with M wash and Ferrex every 3 months, hyper-sealed every 3 months.

Scott HD treats his Pro+ with Honeydew Snowfoam wash - no other maintenance.

In beginning of his test, his Pro+ performance was similar to mine.  A year later, it's far inferior.

Perhaps there's buildup on his coating that the snowfoam does  not clean off?  Minerals or oily dirt, perhaps?

IMHO Pro+ has helped keep my vehicle clean and shiny.  I can't comment on Pro+ as to have it installed would risk ruining my clear coat (Pro+'s 2nd coating - I could not get Pro+ in my area because of Optimum dealer "exclusivity" restrictions ).

I get Dumbo Award today (post was too early in morning).....  Last paragraph's 2nd sentence meant to say I could not comment on Pro3, etc  (here, that's only available 40 - 50 miles away in an OptiCoat exclusive shop).

Hopefully Chicago Auto Pros will soon have some of their results to show.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Outback said:

Last paragraph's 2nd sentence meant to say I could not comment on Pro3, etc  (here, that's only available 40 - 50 miles away in an OptiCoat exclusive shop).

Hopefully Chicago Auto Pros will soon have some of their results to show.

I knew what you meant. 

Their results will be as pointless as anyone else who does a beading comparison test. They only thing they could look at is beading which shows/proves nothing. If a coating doesn't bead when it use to bead, simply use MDR and ferrex and clay and...pow...the beading will return. As in, contamination, that was interrupting the water behavior,  will be removed. I have no clue if my coating beads because I use ONR. I know my coating is perfectly intact because I can see the gloss and there is no oxidation. These 2 factors are more crucial to the reality that the coating is still performing at 100% 1,000 times better than what beads will show that the coating is 100%. 

I really have no clue why people on YouTube, and it's every single one of them, have the same question. They have a coating and a month later they want to know if it's still there so they spray it with soap and then rinse it and then judge it based on how it beads. You can watch 20 different people do these "tests" and they all do it exactly the same. Soap, rinse, beads...

A Coating does not give instant gratification in regards to water behavior on the surface. Whether it beads or not, if the coating is rated to last for 3 years then be rest assured that it's still there. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Of course it is. If it was installed correctly it is still there. Beading may diminish and if so, a decon is needed whether every 6 months or once a year depending on driving conditions. Just because beading stops does not mean the coating is gone. This is why opti coat installers are vetted and trained and take pride in what they do. This guy only takes pride in the paycheck he gets from YouTube and I'm sure he did not use enough product when he installed it

have said this before but it bears repeating, Scott is testing only beading and that's just 1 characteristic of ceramic coatings (and the easiest one to see).  Also have no idea how he came by Opti-Coat Pro or Pro3, professional product sold only to authorized installers (and Scott aint one).  Dr G frequently states the major benefits of coating is it's chemical/UV protection, durability, and ease of maintenance.  How does splashing water on a hood test that?

• 3 weeks later...

Scott HD is at the 16 month mark: OC3 , though weakened, still  passes his beading test.  OP+ barely sheets. Most the others are also weak in his ratings.

.I won't post any more of his videos until he does his Decon Wash on the pro coatings.