OC 3

....and to reinforce decon;

My vehicle's Pro+, thanks to a month of lousy winter weather, was beading on upper parts of  the vehicle but sheeting on lower quarter panels and rear (similar to Scott HD).

A maintenance wash was done combining Ferrex and MDR in a portable foamer.  Steps: rinsed car, foamed with Ferrex/MDR allowing to dwell 10 minutes, washed downward with ONR Ceramic and fiber mitt, rinsed washed areas with water, sprayed with ONR Ceramic and distilled water (noted beading had come back on  lower panels), gently dried with plush microfiber towels.  Wheels got foamed per above, tires got sidewalls Powerclean (plenty of browning) then rinsed, ONR'd and dried.

Lesson learned.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Outback said:

....and to reinforce decon;

My vehicle's Pro+, thanks to a month of lousy winter weather, was beading on upper parts of  the vehicle but sheeting on lower quarter panels and rear (similar to Scott HD).

A maintenance wash was done combining Ferrex and MDR in a portable foamer.  Steps: rinsed car, foamed with Ferrex/MDR allowing to dwell 10 minutes, washed downward with ONR Ceramic and fiber mitt, rinsed washed areas with water, sprayed with ONR Ceramic and distilled water (noted beading had come back on  lower panels), gently dried with plush microfiber towels.  Wheels got foamed per above, tires got sidewalls Powerclean (plenty of browning) then rinsed, ONR'd and dried.

Lesson learned.

Use MDR without mixing with ferrex. They should be used separately.  Mix 4 ounces of mdr and half ounce of onr in 1 gallon of water. 

• 4 weeks later...

At The Rag Company's recent live event, Dr. G answered my question about steps needed to apply Pro 3 over Pro + . His answer was a light polishing would suffice (no need to grind all Pro + and most of clear coat off).  I assume this is after vehicle coating  has been fully cleaned.

12 hours ago, Tug Bankert said:

Yes, you would decon it with power clean and clay with ferrex first 

Even better.  I do wonder, though, if the advantages of going from Pro+ to Pro3 are worth the considerable install cost?  If so, might do it as my current vehicle may be my last.

So I asked my detailer (after his annual maintenance on my Pro+) about Pro3, and he told me that Optimum had told him that heavy polishing was required to apply Pro3 over another ceramic coating.

My guess is that for Pro+ the light polishing would be OK, and for other "brand X" coatings, heavy polishing would be needed.

He is not an "exclusive" Optimum shop, BTW.

6 hours ago, Mr.Outback said:

My guess is that for Pro+ the light polishing would be OK, and for other "brand X" coatings, heavy polishing would be needed.

He is not an "exclusive" Optimum shop, BTW.

If he is not exclusive with opti coat then he is not authorized to install opti coat pro 3. At least, that is my understanding.