Magic in a Bottle

Just wanted to reiterate how awesome this product is. The other dat I cleaned out my sneakers with Bilt Hamber Surfex in a bucket of water and a lot of rinsing and drying. I even used some vinegar to neutralize the Surfex. I must have used about 50l (13 gallons) of water. Came out looking near-new and smelled great. The next day I wore them again, and noticed they would very quickly become dirty again. They would easily stain from touching something dusty.

So I decided to try Optimum Carpet cleaner @1:3 sprayed on, and scrubbed with a MF scrub mitt wet from ONR (best way of cleaning fabric I've found). Then drying with a towel and they were dry the next day. Now a couple of days later, they still look great and clean. They don't attract dirt, which the previous cleaning with Surfex certainly did. And I used the ONR solution I just cleaned my two cars with and then threw it in the plants!

Magic in a bottle!

I'm still looking for a better way to clean my MF towels. No matter what they lose absorbency from new. Could I use this product in the washing machine? Worth a try!

@Heijneker I'm just about to tackle some fabric with my bottle of this that has sat on the shelf for quite a while without a proper use, I was just wondering what mitt it was that you have found to be a good pairing with the cleaner?

Second of all, thanks for all of these write ups, makes me actually get these things out and use them!

On 7/23/2022 at 7:33 AM, Heijneker said:

I'm still looking for a better way to clean my MF towels. No matter what they lose absorbency from new. Could I use this product in the washing machine? Worth a try!

You can use power clean to wash MF towels. I am not the authority on fabric clean and protect but it makes sense to me that if you use it on mf towels there will be an anti staining residue left which would defeat the purpose of mf towels. 

Furthermore, the rag company has a dedicated mf towel cleaner called rags to riches.

have always felt that was the difference between cheap Walmart microfibers and quality towels - cheap towels lose microfiber characteristics like absorbency, no linting, etc much sooner the the good ones.  Dr G recommends adding 1/4 cup of Power Clean to your wash load to clean/restore microfiber towels.

• 9 months later...