A&J

Cure times for OPT products

I dont know this has ever been discused but what are the official curing times for OPT protection products (OCW, Opti-seal, Gloss coat, opti-bond, ...)?

A&J, that's a pretty open ended question.  For some products, like ceramics, there are minimum cure times, but others are dependent on temperature and humidity.  Gloss-Coat is a minimum of 1 hour, but Wax, Seal, Opti-Bond dry/bond almost immediately.  For layering we suggest an hour wait.

Opti-Seal is kind of sticky to water for some time after application from my findings, what does that suggest?

Here's water on Opti-Seal approx 1.5h after application.

IMG20201226141656.jpg

But the next day it was similar to this:

IMG20201226141646.jpg

not sure I understand "sticky to water"?  I've never had any problems with Opti-Seal behavior, either as drying aid or stand alone product.

I can figure haha, don't really know how to explain. But water seemed to stick more when getting wet 1.5 hour after application, compared to a day after.

Well, look at the pictures that show the water behaviour changing from 1.5h after application to a day after application.

No round beads at first, but later it beaded water very nicely, suggesting it still needed time to cure?

On 1/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, Heijneker said:

Well, look at the pictures that show the water behaviour changing from 1.5h after application to a day after application.

No round beads at first, but later it beaded water very nicely, suggesting it still needed time to cure?

I can see what you mean Heijneker.

There is a visible difference. The next day the beads are tighter and round as oppose to the randomly  shapped beads of 1.5hrs after application.

I have no experience with opti-seal, just hyper-seal. And I haven’t done much testing with beading shortly after application.