NEW FORMULA HYPER SEAL

Ron@Optimum

Starting next week, Optimum will begin shipping revised formula Hyper Seal (identified it a gold New Formula sticker).  Hyper Seal is already Optimum's most durable wax/sealant and the new formula will extend it's longevity to a year +.  Opti-Coat Hyper Seal is formulated for ceramic coatings but works equally well on regular clear coat.  Hyper Seal can be found under the Maintenance tab at opticoat.com.

Dumb question, I've asked before:  since marketed as a drying agent, is there any harm (other than to our wallet)  in using this with each car wash given its long durability?  Specifically, will applying layer upon layer cause us any grief in the long run?   This product really is addicting in how it leaves such a smooth and hypophobic finish. Thanks. 

no negatives to frequent use (other than the pocket book) - I use it with every wash on ceramic and normal clear coat and there's no build up or issues.  I currently waiting out Pollen Season in the South, but get back into the maintenance routine soon.

@AMDG75 I personally have a big problem with towels becoming hydrophobic, so I don't like to use sealants as a drying aid. My second batch of towels is now completely hydrophobic as well, even though I only used Optimum Car Wax, Optimum Glass Clean & Protect and Carpet & Fabric Clean & Protect with these towels.

This could very well be due to my wash process being insufficient somehow, but it's the same as Yvan Lacroix said to have used. Maybe it's caused by something else. A lot of people use drying aids without any problems, but it is something to keep in mind.

IMG20210501130006.jpg

50 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

we recommend adding a cup of Power Clean to your wash to reduce sealants in the towels...not sure if that's what Yvan suggested?

Good to know.  The Rag Company also offers a machine wash product that is supposed to target residues found in microfiber towels.  So far it's worked well here: my 500 microfibers do a good job drying ONR  (for applying Hyper-Seal I use the foam applicator followed by light rubover with pearl weave microfiber towels.).

2 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

we recommend adding a cup of Power Clean to your wash to reduce sealants in the towels...not sure if that's what Yvan suggested?

I only wash with Power Clean yeah, about 50-75ml per load. Is that sufficient? Than about double the amount of vinegar in the fabric softener port. He also stated he washed on cold, but that really didn't work well for me, so I wash my towels on 40 °C.

I hope to try the R2R wash, but it's really hard to get over here in the Netherlands.

Invest in Rags to Riches if you can get it.  it's much more efficient than PowerClean, and designed specifically for MF towels.  the 1st time you use it on your towels, like The Rag Company suggests, 2-3oz in a 5gallon bucket, warm water.  Let the towels soak for 2 days.  you'll be amazed what it strips out of your towels.  It revives your towels to better than new shape!