NEW FORMULA HYPER SEAL

Ron@Optimum

Additional Hyper Seal info from Dr G -

The old Hyper Seal was SiO2 based (Ceramic Sealant) and the new Hyper Seal contains Ceramic Coating also which is SiC based. So the new formula has both SiO2 and SiC resins.

Yes it can be applied to Pro or Pro+ after one hour.

It needs to be leveled similar to the old Hyper Seal or Opti Seal otherwise it will leave high spots.

It can be used as a drying aid but that will reduce durability, true of the original HS as well.

On the towel hydrophobicity...that's why I don't like using drying aids.

OPC also is great in the wash for removing staining from ONR wash media.  I use it as a pre-wash.

As far as all this talk about other-brand MF wash...maybe it's time for Dr. G to make a towel wash.  Just make sure it's ok for HE washers.

Sounds awesome that the new Hyper Seal has SiC.

Getting really off-topic now, so delete/replace if deemed necessary.

I did get some R2R in the mail today. But I did try to strip my towels with just OPC the last couple of days. Went through about 300ml (10 oz) of OPC in roughly 45L (13 gallon) of water in buckets. Quite some dirt was drawn from the towels:

IMG-20210505-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20210505-WA0009.jpg

IMG20210504115131.jpg

And this was after a wash, plus I pre-soaked them not too long ago as well. Next a lot of rinsing, a lot of distilled white vinegar, and again a wash. Most of the OPC was gone after that.

I tested one drying towel already and it worked pretty well, but still not like new (I've got a new one to compare).

So I took some apart and they will undergo a R2R strip wash as well. Will see what that does. It smells nice anyway. I'm not at all a chemist, and have little knowledge on the subject, but I suspect there to be a lot of solvents in R2R? It looked pretty weird in my bucket of water. A lot like looking through hot air, where it distorts the view.

On 5/4/2021 at 1:54 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Additional Hyper Seal info from Dr G -

The old Hyper Seal was SiO2 based (Ceramic Sealant) and the new Hyper Seal contains Ceramic Coating also which is SiC based. So the new formula has both SiO2 and SiC resins.

Yes it can be applied to Pro or Pro+ after one hour.

It needs to be leveled similar to the old Hyper Seal or Opti Seal otherwise it will leave high spots.

It can be used as a drying aid but that will reduce durability, true of the original HS as well.

Sounds like a spray version of Gloss Coat which is also a hybrid SiO2/SiC coating.  Assume it is safe to apply to Gloss Coat after one hour (unlike previous SiO2 version) like you can for the Pro coatings without affecting the ability of Gloss Coat to cure.

If one has previously applied the older Hyper-Seal, does anything "special" need to be done to vehicle before applying the new formula Hyper-seal to assure its proper bonding with Pro+ or other Opti-Coat coatings?

Received my order of Hyper-Seal new formula today and, after an Opti-Coat ONR wash and dry, applied the new formula to my Pro+ coating.  It seems to flash faster than the older formula but responded well to quick followup leveling with a pearl microfiber towel.  Used it on vehicle's paint, wheels and plastic trim but not on any glass per earlier recommendations.  Satin trim remained satin while the gloss areas seemed to get a bit "deeper" glossed.   Hopefully it will last for some time !

not sure what the "earlier recommendations" were for glass - Hyper Seal is great on glass, the only negative is wipers will abrade it off.  Even though I have Opti-Glass Pro on windshields, I still treat with HS.

Odd...I clearly remember seeing the glass warning in product description but it's not there now.  Good to know...I'll keep Ron's comments in mind and put Hyper-Seal to work on non-windshield windows !  FYI all my Brand X detailing polishes/sealants were given away yesterday - no need to use anything else now !