NEW FORMULA HYPER SEAL

Ron@Optimum

On 9/24/2021 at 11:06 AM, bcwang said:

1 hour is the known time duration minimum before you can top opticoat pro, pro plus, pro 3, or glosscoat with optiseal or the new formula hyperseal.  However, once you do that, it seems you need to wait 12 hours before that combo should be exposed to water, dew, or other moisture to give it sufficient time to form full water resistance.

Let’s just put it this way instead of overthinking anything, the longer you can keep a freshly coated vehicle dry, the better it will be. 

When I coat ANY vehicle, I keep it dry for a minimum of 12hrs. I basically allow 1 day for full cure. Then I top it off with its topper before sending it out into the wild. 

You folks are just making something so simple, into something so difficult which is confusing most people that don’t understand coating application. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say this product is awesome.  Best LSP I've used to date.  My cars are not coated but his is now my go to LSP.

Excellent gloss, goes on extremely well, can be applied in sun (tried it, it works), contains Sio2 and SIC and can be used as a drying aid.  

Big thumbs up for the new HS. 

• 2 weeks later...

After finishing last bottle of original Hyperseal, used new formula last week and today.  While the original wiped off immediately without extra passes of microfiber, this new formula leaves something behind requiring more wiping/buffing.  Anyone else experience this? ( I use mostly as drying aid, and it would just not dry.) Thanks.

I applied it by using a foam applicator, using circular motions with a thin layer.  You can see it curing and shouldn't have to touch it again.  Only high spots that didn't fully disappear.  You may be using too much product.  Try cutting back a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of offering the original formula Hyperseal ?

Maybe I was too used to using this as a drying agent, as well as a coating, but it just does not dry as well. Tried using less, that didn't work. Then thinking that I had too much coating on car from previous applications, tried it on my son's car which was never Hypersealed, and still had same issue. Takes too many passes of microfiber to remove whereas in the past everything wiped away with one swoop.

10 hours ago, AMDG75 said:

Maybe I was too used to using this as a drying agent, as well as a coating, but it just does not dry as well. Tried using less, that didn't work. Then thinking that I had too much coating on car from previous applications, tried it on my son's car which was never Hypersealed, and still had same issue. Takes too many passes of microfiber to remove whereas in the past everything wiped away with one swoop.

I thought the purpose of a "drying aid" was to lubricate the surface to prevent towel-marring during drying, not to actually have a "drying effect".  You might want to try the Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer instead, maybe that will work better for you.  I always like to use sealants on a dry car, myself.

can't even imagine the confusion of trying to maintain 2 formulas of Hyper Seal.  I haven't used the new formula yet, will be getting some this week when I visit Memphis, and will follow up with a test.  My only issue with the original was using too much which necessitated buffing.  I've tried some competitors Graphene products and (1) they are not drying aids and (2) they require buffing.

20 hours ago, AMDG75 said:

When I applied it over Gloss Coat, I used it more liberally then I did before.  I also used a microfiber towel.  No issues.  This was on dry paint.  I have found Opti and new Hyper Seal to be extremely easy to work with.  

Any high spots with higher I just gently go over and they disappear.  

I'll give a try as a drying aid to see how that works.  

Setec,

I used to use Instant Detailer until I tried the original Hyperseal -- and then I was completely addicted.  Now I feel like a pusher as I've got my daughter and friends addicted to HS.  So as not to misspeak, I probably should not have said 'used as drying aid', just that it helped dry and leave a super slick finish at the same time.

Process was ONR wash, remove some of ONR with light sweep of water blade, then one tiny spritz of original HS per large section.   When using HS, only one swipe of microfiber towel would remove everything.  In colder weather this worked great. 

With the new HS, it takes 3-4 swipes to completely dry -- so actually requires more buffing whereas the original required none. With colder weather returning, it will probably take double the 3-4 swipes.

Ron,

interested in what you experience when you test the new HS.  Maybe you can convince Dr. G to sell both the original and new formula :)

• 1 year later...

Well, since I can't find a specific forum section for this product or even the Opti-Coat maintenance products in general, I'm posting this here.

A friend unexpectedly got a new car,  I wanted to get something on this new vehicle for her, and since it's the dead of winter here, I decided to try Hyper Seal (after getting over the sticker shock, the per-ounce price is actually pretty comparable to Opti-Seal) as something that could be applied quickly.

I've got limited time, so I'm just planning to do an ONR wash--no clay, decon, or polish.  Can I go right from the ONR to Hyper Seal, or do I need to use Optimum Paint Prep or a similar prep product?  This is on bare paint (unless the dealer prep guys used something on the paint, they surely used greasy kid stuff on the tires from the picture I saw).  I'm going to go over all the paint, trim, glass, etc. as recommended on the bottle.

Before I get blasted for my "prep", this vehicle didn't sit on the lot for long, it's probably only had the shipping plastic off for 2-3 weeks, maybe less.  Of course I'm sure the dealer wash included the DISO (Dealer-Installed Swirl Option).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's more praise than I deserve, Ron.  I was completely flummoxed by this product.  I didn't locate this thread: https://www.optimumforums.org/topic/64721-new-formula-hyper-seal/  earlier, and I'm not sure even if I watched Guz's video if I would have done things differently, so I'm going to start a new thread to help future users (and me):

https://www.optimumforums.org/topic/65730-hyper-seal-application-tips/

Maybe there needs to be a separate forum section for the Opti-Coat maintenance products, because that other thread is in the Opti-Seal subforum, while this one is in the News and Events subforum, I put my new thread in the Coatings subforum.