NEW FORMULA HYPER SEAL

Ron@Optimum

• 2 weeks later...

So I know the new formula hyperseal can be used one hour after opticoat pro, pro plus, glosscoat is applied. However, how soon can that combo touch water or dew without negative effect?  

So essentially if pro plus takes 12 hours cure before being allowed to contact water, how soon can it touch water if the new formula hyperseal is applied after the first hour?  Does that same time interval apply for optiseal as well?

• 2 months later...

Ron

Did you have a chance to test the new formula?

On another thread, in response to my asking whether they could offer the 'original' formula** you said you hadn't yet tried. Thanks.

*** it takes several swipes to dry the new formula, whereas only one swipe for the original -- which acted as a great drying agent as well.

Hyper Seal dries very quickly and doesn't require "curing" like a true ceramic coating. 

Dr G gave me the new Hyper Seal last week and I haven't had a chance to test (had just done my cars with the original formula 2 weeks ago) - will get an opportunity before Thanksgiving.

22 hours ago, AMDG75 said:

Ron

Did you have a chance to test the new formula?

On another thread, in response to my asking whether they could offer the 'original' formula** you said you hadn't yet tried. Thanks.

*** it takes several swipes to dry the new formula, whereas only one swipe for the original -- which acted as a great drying agent as well.

I haven't used it as a drying aid yet.  I've applied it using a micro fiber towel of good quality and foam applicator using circular motions.  Very easy to use.  Any high spots just go over them again and they level out.  

10 hours ago, KIS76@ said:

I haven't used it as a drying aid yet.  I've applied it using a micro fiber towel of good quality and foam applicator using circular motions.  Very easy to use.  Any high spots just go over them again and they level out.  

I had been using once car partially dry, and found that original formula worked like magic - one swipe with waffle weave and everything vaporized dry and smooth. This is how I became an addict, now going through withdrawals as new agent doesn't offer the same high 😁