NEW FORMULA HYPER SEAL

Ron@Optimum

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add to this thread.  I never tried the original version.  With that said a fellow Autogeek forum member sent me a bottle to test out and I reviewed it on my channel.  I did enjoy using it and the hydrophobic behavior is very nice.  Very minute difference in the water beading compared to a true coating but still nice.  I did experience a strange static issue when applying it which went away after a few minutes.  I mean to the point where I could feel it stand the hair on my arms.  

I would venture to say that this is a lite version of Gloss Coat.  

As a caution to everyone, don't smell the product unless you want your nostrils to burn.  Would recommend waring a respirator with this one.  

On 11/14/2021 at 1:37 PM, AMDG75 said:

Ron

Did you have a chance to test the new formula?

On another thread, in response to my asking whether they could offer the 'original' formula** you said you hadn't yet tried. Thanks.

*** it takes several swipes to dry the new formula, whereas only one swipe for the original -- which acted as a great drying agent as well.

I'd confirm that the new formula is not single wipe as the old when used as a drying aid.

Had vehicle wrapped with Expel PPF and Pro+ applied over a year ago. Started off with original HS as a drying aid. When that was used up I ordered more and it was the new formula. Noticed right away that is was much different then the original. Did not like it. Wrote the Dr. regarding the difference noted and asked about obtaining the original formula to which I did not receive a response.

IMO the new formula is not as great of a drying aid since it takes several passes to actually dry a surface. Still very satisfied with the overall performance of product as far as the finish it leaves.

32 minutes ago, Scavengerj said:

Wrote the Dr. regarding the difference noted and asked about obtaining the original formula to which I did not receive a response.

Sorry but I did not receive any notifications or emails otherwise I would have responded. Unfortunately we do not have any bottles of the original Hyper Seal anymore, however, if you prefer the original formula of Hyper Seal, I would recommend using Opti-Seal which is similar to that. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you. 

12 hours ago, Doctor G said:

Sorry but I did not receive any notifications or emails otherwise I would have responded. Unfortunately we do not have any bottles of the original Hyper Seal anymore, however, if you prefer the original formula of Hyper Seal, I would recommend using Opti-Seal which is similar to that. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you. 

Dr. G

Thanks for getting back to us.

Is there any chance you could resurrect production of the original Hyperseal, and sell both versions? Please, with cherry on top 😉

While Opti-seal is similar in performance, there appears to be a group of us who simply like spraying each section with HS when drying, something that we cannot do with the small bottles of Optimum-seal - it's simply not the same. And, I am more than happy to pay for a new bottle of HS as I go through it quickly - only productive vice I have.

Unfortunately, I am addicted to the stuff...even got my daughter and others addicted. Nothing beats the satisfaction derived from making one swipe with a microfiber and watching the water flash away and the resultant smooth gloss finish.

Thank you.

(I am not a professional detailer, just someone who enjoys keeping the cars clean and is happy to sing praises of ONR and HS to everyone at work who want to emulate my results.)

10 hours ago, AMDG75 said:

Dr. G

Thanks for getting back to us.

Is there any chance you could resurrect production of the original Hyperseal, and sell both versions? Please, with cherry on top 😉

While Opti-seal is similar in performance, there appears to be a group of us who simply like spraying each section with HS when drying, something that we cannot do with the small bottles of Optimum-seal - it's simply not the same. And, I am more than happy to pay for a new bottle of HS as I go through it quickly - only productive vice I have.

Unfortunately, I am addicted to the stuff...even got my daughter and others addicted. Nothing beats the satisfaction derived from making one swipe with a microfiber and watching the water flash away and the resultant smooth gloss finish.

Thank you.

(I am not a professional detailer, just someone who enjoys keeping the cars clean and is happy to sing praises of ONR and HS to everyone at work who want to emulate my results.)

No offense but that makes no sense at all.  Why would they make the old version when the new one is superior?  Use ONR as a drying aid.  

it's not unusual when a product is reformulated that someone prefers the original for whatever reason.  I still get requests for Polish ll and Poli-Seal.  There is no business rationale for maintaining multiple versions of a product - bottle/label costs, production confusion, consumer confusion, etc.  I haven't gotten much pushback on your complaints that it's more difficult to use as a drying aid, but if that's true, it may be something Dr G can address. 

I don't understand the difficulty in using Opti-Seal as drying aid due to "small bottles", maybe it's the trigger thing?  I transfer Hyper Seal into Opti-Seal bottles because I use less products for same results, so I prefer the "small bottle" and sprayer. 

IMO ONR is not a drying aid, I prefer something hydrophobic (Seal, Wax, Instant Detailer), but that's me. 

According to Dr G, the addition of SiC resins does require more effort to remove, but the trade off is a harder formula with extended durability.  This puts us on a level or above competitors who tout longevity.  That's the Push/Pull of chemistry, something lost something gained.

13 hours ago, KIS76@ said:

No offense but that makes no sense at all.  Why would they make the old version when the new one is superior?  Use ONR as a drying aid.  

No offense taken.  As to superiority of one version versus another, as Ron pointed out people prefer one version to another for various reasons. Some of us have found the original to be superior in how we use it.

I, and a few others, may not have been using HS exactly as intended as we stumbled on a great 'collateral' property of HS. 

ONR is what we wash with, and HS is the drying aid (in addition to intended properties) to dry the ONR after washing - ONR is not the drying aid, but what we are drying off.  

As to the small bottles,   I'll try optiseal and if it works the same way, I'll buy two of the 8 oz bottles and pour the contents into the empty HS 16 oz sprayer. The way we've used it (perhaps inappropriately) is to spritz each section before drying.

Dumb question for Dr. G: knowing that one of the properties of the original HS worked as an incredible drying aid (the remaining ONR seemed to evaporate with one swipe), could you either bring the original back and rename or increase whatever ingredient that delivers the flash drying property in the new HS. 

there's no such thing as "adding the chemical the makes flash drying" without effecting other components.  There's not been any rise in complaints about new Hyper Seal, in fact it's gotten universal compliments (other than you), so no reason to complicate the program with Hyper Seal ll.

I've not tried using New Formula Hyper-Seal as drying aid as various older posts suggest that can lessen Hyper-Seal's longevity (thinner coat?  Water dilution?). 

FYI i still have a bottle of older Hyper-Seal. Other than slightly more drag when leveling, haven't noticed any major application changes with newer version.

I use older Hyper-Seal for off-label purposes unless need for SIC toughness calls for the newer Hyper-Seal's use.