NEW FORMULA HYPER SEAL

Ron@Optimum

• 2 months later...

I am not a professional detailer, just a guy that had Opti-Coat Pro+ applied to my car when new.  But found out the hard way how HS works yesterday after washing my car (used NRW&S).  I had used Opti-Seal before but tried Hyper Seal  (new formula) yesterday and thought wow is this streaky!  But I must say, and it took me a while, after I worked with it I could tell that it really was a superior product and it put a very nice gloss on the original pro+ coat and I can tell that it  will last longer which is a good trade off with regard to time taken for application.  So I guess what I am saying is that I am a big fan but, in my case anyway, I may have over used it and will adjust for that next time, but still it seems like a great product. 

when coaching new users of HS, I tell them to prime the pad, then 1-2 light sprays on paint, wipe across the panel until pad gets grabby/tacky, then another spray.  Used as a drying aid, that all goes out the window and you just moderate as much as possible.

UPDATE:

A few pages back I mentioned that with the new formula it takes several swipes to dry the new formula, whereas only one swipe for the original  when used as a drying agent.  

Since then, I've noted that the new formula 'wipes' fine over the past several months.  The difference is that the past several months have been warm -- my issues with using occurred in the winter months, when my garage temp was below 40. (I have an unheated garage and have no problem doing ONR washes with buckets of warm water.)

So, taking another bite at the apple 😉 is there anyway Dr. G would consider bringing back the original formula, marketing/renaming it for cold weather use?  Many of us don't have the luxury of heated garages, but really find Optimum products to be the best in cleaning/protecting are cars --- especially in the snowy salty winter months when the products are needed most.  

Since this is only sold through Opticoat as opposed to retailers, Opticoat would have a zip code list showing where all purchasers live: if many live above the Mason-Dixon line, it may be worthwhile. Just asking. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 9:13 PM, AMDG75 said:

UPDATE:

A few pages back I mentioned that with the new formula it takes several swipes to dry the new formula, whereas only one swipe for the original  when used as a drying agent.  

Since then, I've noted that the new formula 'wipes' fine over the past several months.  The difference is that the past several months have been warm -- my issues with using occurred in the winter months, when my garage temp was below 40. (I have an unheated garage and have no problem doing ONR washes with buckets of warm water.)

So, taking another bite at the apple 😉 is there anyway Dr. G would consider bringing back the original formula, marketing/renaming it for cold weather use?  Many of us don't have the luxury of heated garages, but really find Optimum products to be the best in cleaning/protecting are cars --- especially in the snowy salty winter months when the products are needed most.  

Since this is only sold through Opticoat as opposed to retailers, Opticoat would have a zip code list showing where all purchasers live: if many live above the Mason-Dixon line, it may be worthwhile. Just asking. Thanks

The updated version of Opti-Seal might be exactly what you're looking for. The added sio2 component makes it sound a lot like the original Hyper-Seal. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, HotTunaCartel said:

Quick question, if I have already dry applied opti- seal, can I dry apply hyper seal over top after an ONR wash.  

I bit the bullet and ordered a bottle but now I want to try it without having to clay to remove the opti seal.  

Thanks

Edit, never mind.  I wrote to optimum and Dr. G wrote me back 

"You can apply Hyper Seal over Opti-Seal and there is no need to remove Opti-Seal or do any claying before the application."

I replied asking him if hyper seal migrated under opti seal like it does wax and this was his answer.  

"Hyper Seal polymers are very compatible with Opti Seal polymers and they will combine together to give you full protection of both products which is why you do not need or want to remove Opti-Seal first."