Pink Optimum Spray Wax?

Robert

Ron obviously knows more about this than I do, and I haven't bought any OPT spray products for a couple of years at least, so maybe that's how they are coming now--just all my bottles have been blue, and the pictures on Amazon and at the OPT store show blue bottles.  I mean the little squeeze bottles for ONR, polish, MDR, etc. have been clear for a long time, along with the little carpet cleaner spray, and the quarts, too, so plenty of clear bottles, I just haven't seen them for the sprays (other than the carpet cleaner 8oz).

I recieved a clear bottle of Intensive polish as well! And I like it, very easy to see the amount left and just looks cool.

Would love to have to pink Car wax!!!!! I use the IK sprayers, I now have a yellow/orange Power Clean, green Angelwax Vision and pink would look great. I had a blue one as well with ONR @ QD, but no need for it. Would make it very easy to seperate, since I have misused some products before.

Due to Covid our supply of blue bottles was disrupted so we switched to clear.  We've gotten positive feedback on the clear bottles, but no idea if we'll stay with them.  The color of product (and scent) have nothing to do with performance and there should be no issue with pink wax.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 4:51 PM, Robert said:

I just received a new bottle of Optimum Spray Wax ordered through Amazon. It was pink. It’s always been white in the past. Has it changed to pink or did I get a knockoff?

1FE313C2-1A68-417A-90C0-7896A2B76BB3.jpeg

Does it still smell like coconuts? 

I’m kind of surprised that things like colour would be added or changed randomly. I know that wouldn’t impact the product effectiveness, but usually a specific recipe is followed (I would assume). Does Dr. G just feel like having fun sometimes? 

I just got a gallon of wax and it is white (and wonderful). 

7 hours ago, Redgrandam said:

I’m kind of surprised that things like colour would be added or changed randomly. I know that wouldn’t impact the product effectiveness, but usually a specific recipe is followed (I would assume). Does Dr. G just feel like having fun sometimes? 

Back when Dann and Yvan did the podcast, they had one of the production guys on, who they said/he said was responsible for the colors and fragrance.  I found it surprising also that those parameters weren't part of the "recipe", but apparently it was this gentleman who was "having fun" and changing the stuff sometimes.  At least that's the way I remember it from the podcast a few years ago.

I will say I'm one of the people who has accidentally picked up the wrong bottle because they all look the same, one time I sprayed Opti-Glass on my wheels when I thought I was spraying Opti-Clean, and wondered why the Opti-Clean seemed so much different than normal, but didn't realize until later what had happened.  So clear bottles and different color products may not be a bad idea.

On 7/3/2021 at 10:35 PM, Redgrandam said:

Does it still smell like coconuts? 

I just got a gallon of wax and it is white (and wonderful). 

Yes. Smells the same. 

I don't think the  crew is allowed to arbitrarily change formulas (including scent/color), but turnover in the facility can create some variants/mistakes.  Dr G has great sense of humor, but not about his formulas.