Pawel

Using Power Clean on windshield

I want to clean my windshield where I have some tree sap/bugs. I saw comments that people use this product successfully on windshield. On the other hand on product label it is mentioned that OPC is for all car surfaces except of glass and there are some warnings about etching the glass. Will it be safe to use 1:5 or 1:10 diluted OPC on windshield and then rinse it traditionally or by washing with ONR? If not, which optimum product is supposed to remove tree sap/bugs from the glass?

Power Clean can etch glass when used at full concentration and allowed to dry.  When diluted and thoroughly rinsed, it's safe on glass.  Other options to remove sap/bugs include MDR, TAR, IPA (rubbing alcohol), and WD40.

OPC does seem to be safe at 3:1 on glass. At least when I used it the other day it seemed fine, for bugs, not letting it dry of course. 

OPT put the no glass recommendation because it's hard to explain caveats in usage and people misused PC then complained.  Better to just eliminate the problem.