Safe PSI for pressure washing Pro 3 coating?

SpoonyLove

I am having Pro 3 installed in a few weeks. I am in the process of gathering things to help detail the car once it comes. So far i've ordered Opticoat Hyperseal and Opticoat No Rinse, as i usually wash in my garage using a bucket and distilled water from the grocery store. It has been working out well. 

But every now and then i would like to use pressure washer to get in those hard to reach areas. 

Is there a safe PSI to wash a car coated in Pro 3? The pressure washer i have my eye on isn't high pressure by pressure washer standards, but i wanted to check here. This is the one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WH8MGPZ. I like this one because it has its own bucket that i can put distilled water in instead of using the incredibly hard well water from the hose hookup in my garage. 

It's only 650-1196 PSI, so i think that should be safe, but i wanted to check with the experts first. 

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

Great, thanks Ron!

As far as what to do when i first get my car back after the Pro3 is applied -- should i not detail it for a bit? (is there a curing process i should not be interfering with in the days/weeks after getting my car back?)

I know that it has to stay overnight in a garage as part of the application process, and i garage my car both at home and at work, but i do need to drive it the day after i get it back. That's ok, right?

After 12 hours you can drive in any weather, but don't wash with soap for 7 days, after that you can do your normal maintenance.  Not sure what you mean by "detail", it shouldn't require anything but normal washing.  Your installer will want you to bring it back shortly after coating to inspect it.

Got it, thanks, and this is what my dealer just told me too. Glad everyone is one the same page.

By 'detail' i really just meant wash. 

I bought Opti-Coat No Rinse and Opti-Coat Hyper Seal, and i plan to use the Opti Coat No Rinse as a direct replacement for ONR, and Hyper Seal as a direct replacement for Opti Seal. 

I had been washing with ONR, then spraying some Opti Seal while it was still wet, then drying with my microfiber cloths. I thought i would keep the process the same, but just use those two Opti-Coat products instead.

Do i have this right?

21 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

You have it exactly right!

Great, thanks for confirming! 

How would i incorporate Opti-Coat M wash into this routine? Is it meant for use when the car is a bit too dirty for just a rinseless wash? Can i use it in the 'detergent' canister of my pressure washer?

M-Wash is a traditional wash including hose...it works well with pressure washer/foam guns and it requires rinsing.  There's a good video showing ONR on avery dirty vehicle, so it's your call if you feel the need for the traditional method:

https://youtu.be/U0nSQe1qHEc

On 3/5/2022 at 1:11 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

M-Wash is a traditional wash including hose...it works well with pressure washer/foam guns and it requires rinsing.  There's a good video showing ONR on avery dirty vehicle, so it's your call if you feel the need for the traditional method:

https://youtu.be/U0nSQe1qHEc

Thanks Ron, makes sense. I picked up an IK Sprayer for use in my garage. Helpful to just get all the gritty stuff off prior to doing the rinseless. I will reserve M wash for rare occassions.

Going back to the Pro3 coating, what is the reason for not washing for the first 7 days after it is applied? I'm just a very curious person :)

I have my car back, and the coating looks great. A few high spots but, as you said, my dealer wants me to come back in 30 days for an inspection to ensure they have gone away.

Very much looking forward to my weekly washes now that i have the Pro 3 coating!

Does this apply to the front windshield, which i had treated with Opti Glass Pro when it went in for the ceramic coating?

It's gotten a little dirty, and i'd like to clean it with my ONR first and finish it off with Opti Coat Opti Glass Clean & Protect -- but do i have to wait 7 days?

• 2 weeks later...

One last question Ron.

I am going to do my first wash tomorrow. The Pro 3 coating is now two weeks old. It's got a fair amount of salt/snow grime on it right now, so i want to use M wash on it first before i start using opti coat no rinse regularly.

I have this pressure washer (https://snowjoe.com/products/sun-joe-24v-x2-pw1200-48-volt-ion-cordless-portable-pressure-washer-kit-w-2-x-4-0-ah-batteries-and-charger-1196-psi-max-1-gpm)

It has a foam cannon that can hold 250 cc of soap or a diluted soap mixture.

My question is how do i use M wash with this pressure washer? Do i use a dilute mixture of M wash in the foam cannon? Do i use undiluted M wash in the foam cannon? 

My pressure washer doesn't directly connect to the M wash bottle (seems i have a non-standard foam cannon screw top)

Any tips? Thanks!!