My pretty quick detail process

Heijneker

@Heijneker If there is one thing which is a good predictor of success in improving efficiency it is  willingness to change.  The various techniques such as 5S, 7 Wastes or SPC charts can all be learned but without the desire to change, they are generally worthless.   You have the desire so you will do amazing things in your business.

One word of warning, the Lean world constantly talks about waste (things which do not add value), once you start to see them, they are everywhere, in every product or service you buy and you cannot un-see them.

Here is a quick video from Paul Akers at Fastcap showing how a simple process can be significantly improved.   As an aside, Paul Akers publishes a huge range of stuff on  non technical Lean, including free audiobooks.

• 1 year later...
On 10/5/2022 at 1:55 AM, Heijneker said:

I missed your point of adding value in the first post @Lowejackson, but that totally alligns with my ideals. I want my processes to be as efficient as possible to guarantee the best value for money for my customers and maximizing profits. That's why I love Optimum's polishing process. Just one pad, easy and very quick pad washing, and the spray polishes save me at least 10 seconds every time I use them. Right now it doesn't get much more efficient, unless some new polishing technology comes around, or I get a robotic arm to the polishing for me! Also, saving 10 minutes a day equaling a free week a year is astounding.

I'll have a think about making the most of this workspace I have. It is possible to park most cars (this CX-5 was a snug fit) and still walk around it and open all the doors. So it should be adequate. It's a good idea to make the most out of what I already have. And if I can make it work here, I can probably make it work anywhere! Maybe I do need to even out the floor a bit haha.

Thanks so much for the response and advice! Really helps me a lot.

You get no trim stainning even with w wool pad? I use optimum and diydetail polish/foam pads and no staining. Even Diydetail says their woool could stain. 

thats impressive if optimum will not stain even with wool