NEW FORMULA OPTI-SEAL

Ron@Optimum

Optimum is announcing the reformulation of Opti-Seal.  The new formula has increased ceramic components making it closer to Hyper Seal.  New Opti-Seal will have greater gloss, slickness, and durability, plus increased hydrophobic properties.  New Formula Opti-Seal is shipping now!

I'm currently using Hyper Seal as my stand alone protectant. Hyper Seal can be used a drying aid & they claim there is no build up so it can be applied as often as I would like. Would I benefit adding the new formula Opti-Seal into my routine? Price is cheaper so that's a plus. Is it slicker than Hyper Seal? (hyper seal isn't that slick, IMO) It's confusing because the comments above make it seem like a watered down Hyper Seal.

honestly can't answer these questions from personal experience.  Dr G gave me 2 different samples of new formula OS to test and I gave him my observation...but did not test either against Hyper Seal.  Last weekend I helped a friend detail his car, using the new Hyper Seal on part and new Opti-Seal on part and frankly could not tell a difference in shine or slickness.  IMO both those characteristics are highly subjective.  I asked Dr G last week for some kind of comparison between OS and HS and haven't received a response.

1 hour ago, Ron@Optimum said:

honestly can't answer these questions from personal experience.  Dr G gave me 2 different samples of new formula OS to test and I gave him my observation...but did not test either against Hyper Seal.  Last weekend I helped a friend detail his car, using the new Hyper Seal on part and new Opti-Seal on part and frankly could not tell a difference in shine or slickness.  IMO both those characteristics are highly subjective.  I asked Dr G last week for some kind of comparison between OS and HS and haven't received a response.

I appreciate the honesty. Hopefully Dr. G will have a response soon.  Thank you!

Just placed an order for an 8oz bottle, also my first bottle of Opti-Seal.

Along with a gallon of Car Wax and Some Opti-Clean. Really can’t beat spray-wipe-spritz of wax-and dry—my favorite way to wash my own car now. Much easier than dragging a bucket of water across the street and down the stairs my complex parking lot. I’ll be adding some Opti-Seal to my daily, as well as my girlfriend’s as soon as I get it. 

I’m assuming that you can still use Car wax as a clay lube, and then apply Opti-Seal over top to dry paint forming that crazy synergistic cross link migration thingy where OS migrates beneath car wax? Please advice if this has changed. I love the deep look of Car Wax personally, but the durability of OS is appealing for up selling.