NEW FORMULA OPTI-SEAL

Ron@Optimum

For years pro detailers have combined Opti-Seal and Wax to provide durability (Seal) and appearance (Wax) as their "secret sauce" - one as a drying aid and the other a topper.  They don't agree in which order to apply, either...

Ron, I must say, big props to the OPT team.

Placed an order yesterday, received a shipping notification this morning at about 9:00am EST. That is faster any detail supply store I’ve ordered from! And the shipping was cheaper as well. Definitely will be doing more direct ordering from Optimum.   

6 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

For years pro detailers have combined Opti-Seal and Wax to provide durability (Seal) and appearance (Wax) as their "secret sauce" - one as a drying aid and the other a topper.  They don't agree in which order to apply, either...

It’s a great combo. And so easy.  It gets confusing for people trying to do the ‘best’ option when many companies state you should always apply the longest lasting product as the base layer as when the base’s time runs out it will take anything applied overtop. Optimum doesn’t seem to say that is the case with your products (for good reason no doubt, I question it with the other companies even). But the information for someone researching this will lead them all over the place. 

looking forward to anyone with the old and new opti-seal to compare the beading. As that was my only complaint with the old version. 

Given all the latest You Tube chatter about adding "gloss enhancers" (usually Si02) to ceramic coatings already offering long life, I keep wondering how often is __too__ often?  Is 4 - 6 months a reasonable amount of time to wait between proper applications of Opti or Hyper-Seal?

And I keep wondering if ceramic coatings like Pro+ and Pro3 will simply "shrug off" those other third party products?

in our experience, Optimum ceramics will shed waxes/sealants with the exception of Hyper Seal, due to it's silicone components.  Optimum has not tested other manufacturers coatings or the huge variety of toppings to prove/disprove that statement, but in Dr G's opinion, it holds true. The time between application of various "gloss enhancers" (durability) varies widely and seems more opinion than any provable fact.

Just want to double check since there's no "new formula" mention on the store. I'd like to get a 2oz sample of the new formula to try out. Will I definitely get the new formula in that smaller size if I order through the OPT store? And will it have a sticker on it to denote it's new? If not, how will I know it's the latest formulation?

• 2 months later...

Hello all. This is my first post on these forums and am looking forward to hearing from all you optimum detailers. I have recently started using optimum products over the last 8 months or so and I’m really loving the ease of use as well as the results. I used to be an old school two bucket guy, but was looking for something faster and easier to maintain my car. This led me to regularly using ONR and opti-seal as a drying aid after every wash.  I often use the instant detailer and gloss enhancer for that last bit of pop. I am hoping to hear the opinions of those who have used the new formula of opti-seal and how it compares to the old formula. If I had one complaint about the old formula, it would be that it does not shed as much water if my car is rained on without being driven. My main questions are if the new formula has the same ease of wipeoff when used as a drying aid. I love being able to spray one or two squirts on a panel and being able to dry with zero buffing after   Also wondering if the water sheeting and self cleaning is improved. Answers to these questions and any other observations would be much appreciated 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 7:02 AM, CDNcarguy said:

Hello all. This is my first post on these forums and am looking forward to hearing from all you optimum detailers. I have recently started using optimum products over the last 8 months or so and I’m really loving the ease of use as well as the results. I used to be an old school two bucket guy, but was looking for something faster and easier to maintain my car. This led me to regularly using ONR and opti-seal as a drying aid after every wash.  I often use the instant detailer and gloss enhancer for that last bit of pop. I am hoping to hear the opinions of those who have used the new formula of opti-seal and how it compares to the old formula. If I had one complaint about the old formula, it would be that it does not shed as much water if my car is rained on without being driven. My main questions are if the new formula has the same ease of wipeoff when used as a drying aid. I love being able to spray one or two squirts on a panel and being able to dry with zero buffing after   Also wondering if the water sheeting and self cleaning is improved. Answers to these questions and any other observations would be much appreciated 

The new formula has been just as easy to use as a drying aid, no streaking issues or difficulty removing which I was concerned about before trying it. The shine is MUCH improved over the old formula. Water sheeting, I'd say its still more of a pooler, the Griot's 3-1 on my other car has much tighter beads, where the Opti still pools and sheets more, but I think the Optiseal has a better shine