Ron@Optimum

NEW FORMULA OPTI-SEAL

For years pro detailers have combined Opti-Seal and Wax to provide durability (Seal) and appearance (Wax) as their "secret sauce" - one as a drying aid and the other a topper.  They don't agree in which order to apply, either...

Ron, I must say, big props to the OPT team.

Placed an order yesterday, received a shipping notification this morning at about 9:00am EST. That is faster any detail supply store I’ve ordered from! And the shipping was cheaper as well. Definitely will be doing more direct ordering from Optimum.   

6 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

For years pro detailers have combined Opti-Seal and Wax to provide durability (Seal) and appearance (Wax) as their "secret sauce" - one as a drying aid and the other a topper.  They don't agree in which order to apply, either...

It’s a great combo. And so easy.  It gets confusing for people trying to do the ‘best’ option when many companies state you should always apply the longest lasting product as the base layer as when the base’s time runs out it will take anything applied overtop. Optimum doesn’t seem to say that is the case with your products (for good reason no doubt, I question it with the other companies even). But the information for someone researching this will lead them all over the place. 

looking forward to anyone with the old and new opti-seal to compare the beading. As that was my only complaint with the old version. 

Given all the latest You Tube chatter about adding "gloss enhancers" (usually Si02) to ceramic coatings already offering long life, I keep wondering how often is __too__ often?  Is 4 - 6 months a reasonable amount of time to wait between proper applications of Opti or Hyper-Seal?

And I keep wondering if ceramic coatings like Pro+ and Pro3 will simply "shrug off" those other third party products?

in our experience, Optimum ceramics will shed waxes/sealants with the exception of Hyper Seal, due to it's silicone components.  Optimum has not tested other manufacturers coatings or the huge variety of toppings to prove/disprove that statement, but in Dr G's opinion, it holds true. The time between application of various "gloss enhancers" (durability) varies widely and seems more opinion than any provable fact.

Just want to double check since there's no "new formula" mention on the store. I'd like to get a 2oz sample of the new formula to try out. Will I definitely get the new formula in that smaller size if I order through the OPT store? And will it have a sticker on it to denote it's new? If not, how will I know it's the latest formulation?

all Opti-Seal inventory is new formula - the 2 oz bottle is too small for the sticker (and as a sample size, we may not label it).

side query: Which Optimum product's better as drying aid:  Opti-seal new formula or Hyper Seal new formula?