NEW FORMULA PRODUCTS - HYPER SEAL, OPTI-SEAL, SPRAY WAX

Ron@Optimum

Wow, that's quite a quick update for all 3 products! Dr G and his team surely work hard with their improvement 👏.
Guess we're expecting 1 update per year then.

Is the changes only increased longevity? Guess I can take my time to finish my Hyper seal (2022 version) bottle then; I only use around 1/10 of the bottle since last September

Optimum has been on a roll lately with new formulas - the technology keeps advancing!  I remember thinking Hyper Seal was a Wonder product and it's been improved twice in the last 2 years.  The hybrid formula not only lasts longer, but has greater hardness and chemical resistance.

Noted the new HS NCF version seems to "flash" a little more quickly than the previous HC NF version (after applying with applicator it quickly needs leveling with a pearl weave microfiber towel).  Won't know durability for a little while though (our NW rains have come to an end as heat dome season has begun early this year).

• 1 month later...

If a applied Hyper Seal to my exterior glass, could I maintain it with opti-glass clean and protect? I know the former is polymer-based and the latter has a silica bonding agent (if I'm phrasing that correctly). I can't afford the opti-glass at this time and will already have extra Hyper Seal on hand.

• 3 months later...
On 5/7/2023 at 2:38 PM, Setec Astronomy said:

Ok, maybe I'll be able to use it now, since v.2 was beyond my skillset, lol.

I apply v2 like I would Gloss Coat or Opti-Seal. 

Last week I used the V2 HS at work. Boss wanted to ceramic coat his friends vehicle but we didn't have time to use the Xpel Fusion because takes forever to apply and remove. Also, the truck is black... 

But, since I had my rig with me, I decided to use the HS v2. I didn't want to use up my Gloss Coat on it, although last time I did, he gave me a SIGNIFICANT tip... 

I perfected my application technique on that truck last week, but as part of my experimentation, I came back the day after I applied the HS, and applied a second layer to the lower sections, from the windows down. I let the HS sit for too long in areas that I applied to heavily and was greeted with high spots. That was a big surprise. This stuff is LEGIT. 

I've used Hyper Seal on a number of cars for people close to me, to test the strength of the product. My cousin, a neighbor at my gf's place, my best friend's mom, and so far it's been performing better than expected. When I saw my cousin's vehicle at the family reunion, the gloss was off the charts. It stood out like a sore thumb. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Optimum announces that all 3 LSPs - Opti-Coat Hyper Seal, Optimum Opti-Seal, and Optimum Spray Wax have added ceramic components to improve longevity.  The 3 improved products are available now from the online store at opticoat.com.

Hello! Greetings from Poland :) can you confirm, that the hyper seal new formula and new ceramic formula is updated product? Or only the sticker differs?

2 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

as stated in the announcement, Hyper Seal, Opti-Seal, and Spray Wax are new formulas with added ceramic components for greater durability.

Thanks :) can i do something like that : use hyper seal -> wait 2 hours-> use ultra ceramic seal to get hydrophobic top level? Hyper seal has poor hydrophobic 

21 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

I don't agree that Hyper Seal has poor hydrophobics, but you are welcome to double up to see if that works for you.

I had new formula version. Today i bought a new ceramic formula, maybe it will be better. But i think, even if hydrophobic effect has gone, hyper seal still works on the paint because my car has a gloss even though I used it a month ago

On 1/16/2024 at 3:20 AM, Jakob_w said:

I had new formula version. Today i bought a new ceramic formula, maybe it will be better. But i think, even if hydrophobic effect has gone, hyper seal still works on the paint because my car has a gloss even though I used it a month ago

@Jakob_w can you do testing with both HyperSeal & Ultra Ceramic combo on each side of your car?
HyperSeal New Formula + UCS on one side, HS New Ceramic Formula + UCS on other side. Will there be any difference?

I sorta agree with you, my batch of 2022 HS NF also have so-so hydrophobicity. Not much difference than my 2021 Opti-seal, but big difference in gloss (HS is better).

In my country, it is very difficult to buy latest version of any OPT products (my nearest distributor still keeps old version). One local online store just added only 1 unit of UCS, which I am really eager to buy.

My vehicle's 6 month old HyperSeal New Ceramic formula and Pro+ were affected by our recent winter storms such that they became sheeters instead of beaders.  I washed them with gold ONR, followed by a synthetic clay decontamination towel and iron remover, followed by water rinse and then another ONR wash/wipedown.  The beading came back.