Does Optimum PowerClean brown tires?

Brad K

I just tried cleaning my tires with Simple Green, and it got the dirt off quite well, but after they dried they still look a bit brown. I definitely have been interested in getting some Optimum Power Clean and I just wanted to check if I would run into the same problems of brown tires after cleaning them. I realize Simple Green doesn't always have the best reputation and has on occasion damaged some surfaces (that's what I've read about on autopia), probably won't be buying any more in the future...but it's what I have for now! It seems on autopia people have run into the brown tire problem with several different cleaners, I just want to make sure I have myself covered!

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Power Clean is a must have product. I keep my work truck quite clean. The first time I used Power Clean on the tires, I was amazed at how much grime/dirt/etc. Power Clean removed. I've not had any issues with the tires "browning" after using Power Clean.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Anytime!

BTW, if you use it as an interior cleaner, I suggest diluting it to about 10:1, versus the 3:1 recommendation on the bottle. I find it's too strong at 3:1. Also, if you use it to remove bugs, again, dilute it to something like 7 or 10:1. I've had a couple problems with it causing some spotting or streaking on surfaces when I don't dilute enough.

Thanks for the recommendations, Mike. Do you mind if I take a couple pictures and give me some feedback as to whether you think Power Clean could take the brown off my tires?

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Anytime!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing exactly what you're talking about.

I'm on my 4th or 5th GALLON of Power Clean already! Maybe I should think about buying Optimum stock!?!?! hehe

What brand of tires do you have Brad? I've been fighting a horrible browning issue with on my father's Michelins and it looks like the same thing is beginning to happen on some BF Goodrich's on my mother's *ugh* Yukon.

Doesn't seem to matter if I've used a ph neutral car wash solution, high-ph cleaner, or even a slightly acidic product (p21sTAW) since all have given me similar results after drying off the tire.

Archived