Cyclo users–opinions?

carlsson

This guys eats Cyclos for brekfeast ;)

We have been using some very nice pads and with this machine it can sometimes be faster then a rotary with twisted wool pad :rock[1]:

For example, a Cyclo have a 220 watt engine, this have 1200 watts, go figure :nasty[1]:

Breaks down Menzerna polishes with ease and cover a much larger area then the Cyclo. The only down side is that it can be a little bit akward on some places when polishing.

The machine is hand made in Sweden, that´s why it´s so expensive. I will try to make some short movies to show how the machine performes.

Yes, so far only the OP and orange pad. My limited prior experience on my truck as a guinea pig, with only the green pad and OP, showed little, if any swirl correction. So I went with the orange pad only after that.

Stupid question here, but what do you mean by finish on a white buffing pad? Do you mean work the Poli-seal in with the green pad, and then go over again with the white with another/more application of Poli-seal?

Yes. That's what I mean. It does just what it says. The white pad buffs. It doesn't correct. After that your surface should almost feel and looked waxed. Now hand wax the car.

The key to all of this is to create the flatest paint surface without damaging the paint. After that it's cake.

toptool-1.jpg

DSC_3829.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

The blue machine is a chine clone of the Cyclo, so the measurements are almost identical.

Looks nice. Ofcourse my cyclo is 42 years old and still going strong...seriously. Call me when you pass that.

Looks nice. Ofcourse my cyclo is 42 years old and still going strong...seriously. Call me when you pass that.

My Cyclo was one year when I sold it for this machine. Cyclo is a nice piece of machine but is not even close when it comes to compounding. The cyclo bogged down when I used it with a heavy polish.

But if I was living in the Us I would keep the cyclo for glazing and waxpolishes. They are very expensiv in Sweden.

But if I was living in the Us I would keep the cyclo for glazing and waxpolishes. They are very expensiv in Sweden.

Are you saying then that $2500 USD?, euro? for a couple of polishers is inexpensive? Honestly, at that price, it darn well should be a hell of a lot better than the Cyclo.

Archived