Just got Optimum products today....

Before finding and joining this forum I had ordered Optimum polish, wax, and ONR. My thanks to Scott(wax) for his many pictures showing the "before, during, after" and commentary on these products.

Today I received them and promptly decanted a portion of the wax to a trigger sprayer for trial on our two cars which were clean & sharp. Before continuing I must tell you that I have gallons of QD's and spray wax products dating back to Malco's Showroom Shine from 15 years ago. I had high hopes but decided I would be totally objective with this new product judging it sternly against all that had touched our cars prior since yours truly applied every single one.

Within seconds of spraying and wiping it down on my gal's 'Yota Corolla I was impressed with the way it simply blended with the paint....no streaks, no muscle required, it just disappeared! Her paint is called Desert Sand Mist.....I call it Champagne. So far so good. Yes it was bright, it was slick, it was like many other spray on wipe off products before yet different somehow. I continued around the car enthralled with the way the paint just seemed to absorb the product and the shine was outstanding. Each time I proceeded to a new area I looked back at the previously treated one and felt the extreme slickness while admiring the stunning shine. When I got to the hood I did a half & half then stepped back to critique both sides. There was no question that the just treated side far exceeded the look of the untreated side. I'm still objective but now intrigued with this new stuff. The light is reflecting off of the previously done panels like no spray on wipe off product ever before.

When I reached the front of the car I treated the clear headlight lenses and they went from clear to absolutely sparkling! I was amazed at the transformation from ten seconds of work, blown away in fact. I searched my (limited) vocabulary for a word to describe this total transformation and it finally came to me. Brilliance!

Every portion of the car I had touched exceeded in brilliance from the way it was just moments before. The slickness was beyond compare to ANYTHING I had ever used and there were many.

Assuming this one product is an example of the rest I purchased I am in for a real thrill when the time comes to use them. This is not news to you folks that have been using these products but for other newcomers like myself it may provide a fresh outlook on spray on wipe off products.

This is simply the best I have ever had the privilege to use......bar none.

Rick

Before finding and joining this forum I had ordered Optimum polish, wax, and ONR. My thanks to Scott(wax) for his many pictures showing the "before, during, after" and commentary on these products.

Today I received them and promptly decanted a portion of the wax to a trigger sprayer for trial on our two cars which were clean & sharp. Before continuing I must tell you that I have gallons of QD's and spray wax products dating back to Malco's Showroom Shine from 15 years ago. I had high hopes but decided I would be totally objective with this new product judging it sternly against all that had touched our cars prior since yours truly applied every single one.

Within seconds of spraying and wiping it down on my gal's 'Yota Corolla I was impressed with the way it simply blended with the paint....no streaks, no muscle required, it just disappeared! Her paint is called Desert Sand Mist.....I call it Champagne. So far so good. Yes it was bright, it was slick, it was like many other spray on wipe off products before yet different somehow. I continued around the car enthralled with the way the paint just seemed to absorb the product and the shine was outstanding. Each time I proceeded to a new area I looked back at the previously treated one and felt the extreme slickness while admiring the stunning shine. When I got to the hood I did a half & half then stepped back to critique both sides. There was no question that the just treated side far exceeded the look of the untreated side. I'm still objective but now intrigued with this new stuff. The light is reflecting off of the previously done panels like no spray on wipe off product ever before.

When I reached the front of the car I treated the clear headlight lenses and they went from clear to absolutely sparkling! I was amazed at the transformation from ten seconds of work, blown away in fact. I searched my (limited) vocabulary for a word to describe this total transformation and it finally came to me. Brilliance!

Every portion of the car I had touched exceeded in brilliance from the way it was just moments before. The slickness was beyond compare to ANYTHING I had ever used and there were many.

Assuming this one product is an example of the rest I purchased I am in for a real thrill when the time comes to use them. This is not news to you folks that have been using these products but for other newcomers like myself it may provide a fresh outlook on spray on wipe off products.

This is simply the best I have ever had the privilege to use......bar none.

Rick

So I take it you liked it eh? :groupwave[1]:

Glad to see it left you with a great first impression. Give it 24 hours and after it cross links it should look a better all around. Now after every wash it will take it 10 minutes to wax the car again and remember that you're adding UV protection each time.

Thanks for your input and I hope the Optimum products continue to impress you.

Anthony

I go through tons of the Spray Wax. Goes on easy and comes off easy plus it saves me a lot of time. The rest of the Optimum line is great too!

I can't wait to use the remainder of the purchase. Time savings and outstanding results are my goals as it is yours and many others. I simply cannot describe how totally outstanding this product is........correctly named Optimum.

Give it 24 hours and after it cross links it should look a better all around. Now after every wash it will take it 10 minutes to wax the car again and remember that you're adding UV protection each time.

I do look forward to a more critical view tomorrow.

I have to agree about Optimum Car Wax. Really an outstanding product. I also agree about adding a layer with each wash, the depth seems to continue to improve.

I also like to use OCW to buff off the residue left behind from polishing, saves a step, or makes it faster to lay down 2 coats of OCW in one shot, or as a base for a good carnauba paste.

Great tip Scott, thanks.

Upon inspection the next day the depth and glow of both cars had definitely increased as Anthony said it would. I remain astounded at the look of this marvelous product, it is just exceptional.

Archived