New version of Opticoat?

Lowejackson

Of course they are--because I just bought a new syringe. It's also raining today since I washed my car yesterday.

No really this is the first I've heard--and I really thought Dr. G's next project would be a spray or WOWA topper for Opti-Coat to give it slickness.

I thought it was just me who would buy something only to find the following day a new version had been released. I guess it could just be a rumour although I thought maybe some pre-production samples had been sent out for testing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cat's out of the bag, Opti-Coat 2.0 replaced by Optimum Gloss-Coat, which is more expensive.

Big question is--is this product an improvement over Opti-Coat 2.0 (it's supposed to be glossy and slick, will it have the same durability?), or is it continuing in the direction of creating a distinct market for Opti-Coat Pro that is unmatched in performance by consumer products, and is therefore a "degraded" Opti-Coat?

Gloss-Coat is an improvement to 2.0 in it's own ways.

The gloss and slickness is very good and it's ridiculously easy to use. It's basically the perfect consumer coating IMO

And if you already have 2.0 yes Gloss-Coat will bond to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry everyone. This should read

Whoever owns opti-coat.net is now going to need to change their name

Why? Dr. G. owns http://Opti-Coat.net :)

It's the portal for authorized Opti-Coat Pro detailers to register and maintain warranties, gives them access to service bulletins/info/etc.

We maintain the official list of authorized Opti-Coat professionals in the USA.

Customers can check on their warranty status.

Authorized professionals can order pro products online at any time and the full Optimum line of consumer products is available for order direct from Optimum.

Just like the Optimum line of products, we're always working to improve it.

Archived