Optimum No-Rise

Mich Mike

Most of the information pertaining to ONR states (e.g.) Wash 1 oz. to 2 gal. Clay Lube 2 oz. to 1-gallon. My question is can the ratio be reduced futher. Such as Clay Lube 1 oz. to 1/2 gallon, Q.D. 4 oz. to 1/2 gallon, or down to 2 oz. to 32 oz. of water. Must the product be specific to the water to be effective.

Why would you want to reduce the recommended ratios ? most use more than not less,

Its very economical in use at the intended rates.

My inquiry is into why should I mix up a full gallon and store it if I could only mix a half gallon, etc. Mix what I need, only!

Why would you want to reduce the recommended ratios ? most use more than not less,

Its very economical in use at the intended rates.

I think he is referring to quantity of finished product, not the ratio.

Yes, you can mix as much or as little as you want as long as you maintain the ratio of water to ONR.

... Yes, you can mix as much or as little as you want as long as you maintain the ratio of water to ONR.

+1

And you do so, by using using proportions. It's simple algebra, but if it gives you flashbacks, you might want to look away now.

All amounts must be in the same unit of measurement; so taking the example of clay lube, to make one gallon of lube, the fraction would be 2/128 oz. Now say you want to make 32oz of CL, take 2/128 = X/32 and cross multiply. The "X" is the amount of ONR you need to add. So you get 128X=64, divide both sides by 128, and you get .5oz or 1/2oz to add to 32oz of water to make 32oz of clay lube.

Enjoy :thumbsupup[1]:

Archived