Consistency of PoliSeal?

Mindflux

I picked up my 32oz PoliSeal I've not got around to using yet and opened the lid to see what it looked like. It was definitely separated and yellow, clumpy material was all I could see.

I shook the container for a good minute before it no longer felt separated (was very watery/sloshy). In fact now when you shake it you feel nothing. It's incredibly thick!

So, my question to you folks is what is PoliSeal's consistency like? I'm sure it's fine, though it seems that once shaken up the 32oz container only about half full? Did something evaporate off? I've had it about a year and a half.

Container + product weight = 31 ounces. It seems something evaporated off or I got shorted? All my polishes/compounds/waxes/etc stay inside in a controlled air conditioned environment to prevent excess heat or cool temperatures from doing weird things to products.

In fact, it's so thick I can make it 'stand' from the container.

web.jpg

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your bring this problem to our attention. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your Poli-Seal bottle. Every bottle that is manufactured in our plant is weighed and the gross weight for this product should be over 34 ounces. As you mentioned, the weight loss indicates that some of the liquid has evaporated from the bottle causing it to thicken up. This can be due to the cap being loose, etc.

Your Poli-Seal bottle should still work the same as a fresh bottle, however, if you prefer, you can send it back to us and we will replace it with a new bottle for you. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks again.

David,

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your bring this problem to our attention. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your Poli-Seal bottle. Every bottle that is manufactured in our plant is weighed and the gross weight for this product should be over 34 ounces. As you mentioned, the weight loss indicates that some of the liquid has evaporated from the bottle causing it to thicken up. This can be due to the cap being loose, etc.

Your Poli-Seal bottle should still work the same as a fresh bottle, however, if you prefer, you can send it back to us and we will replace it with a new bottle for you. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks again.

David,

David,

Yes, the weight of my bottle packaging and all was 880 grams. I asked in a few forums about this(to get a consensus on whether this is a wide spread problem) and a few people mentioned it over on autogeek, but to my surprise a rep at autogeek offered to replace my bottle free of charge (and I didn't even buy it from them, I bought it from a retailer that is no longer in business). So, honestly Dr. G all I ask is that you send Autogeek a 32oz bottle to replace the stock they so graciously are sending me. You can send it to the attention of Matt with a note about this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Once I get my replacement bottle I'm going to weigh them to compare volumes (even though you're saying I'm 3 ounces shy), compare consistency etc. Then the old bottle will likely go in the trash unless you really want it back for some reason.

*Edited to add: What do you think evaporated off? When I first examined the bottle, the top most substance was yellow and clumpy. It looked like yellow foam floating on top of something. (I couldn't see the sublayer of liquid). I shook it up for a good minute until it was homogeneous again, but as you can see it's super duper thick now. - While shaking it, it became clear as I shook that it was getting thicker and thicker. It was really "watery thin" when I first started shaking.

Archived