Help Please - Spray Polish doesnt spray

Steve_70

Hi there,

I have just invested in most of the optimum products as completely sold on the ONR/OCW/OSa chance to use the products over the weekend and all are excpetional (and will re-stock when used, will highly recommend) with the exception of 1 product which for me does not perform as directed and is a great let down after all the hype on sires like Detailing World, AutoGeek and other detail sites.

The product in question is 'Optimum Hyper Spray Polish'.

The problem is as follows; it doesnt spray like shown on the autogeek demo videos, where Dr G is there for its demos in use; for me, mine is just like a thick cream like a regular SSR/ megs polish.

When you give a sray or two like the instructions say, there is just a blob that appears on the bad about a 2 pound coin size with a bit of splatter, it doesnt spray like expected.

Any ideas, is this a duff one do you think or can correct it, add OID or somethibng to thindown?

Yes I have shaken vigorously and it is a hot day, not cold temp. I have screwed nozzle all the way out on the bottle and different settings, tried to change nozzle head to one from another bottle from my Jeffs that I know sprays the Gloss and trigger correctly, still no joy just some gunky blobs left on the pad

I poured a bit out for consistency check and is same as menz or ssr polish. I have started using it as trad polish by putting pea size blobs on and working the area first with so pad and area covered... seems to defeat the purpose if spray polish though

Would this be an isolated case or have other found this for this product.

Thanks for all your guidance and direction on this.

DSCF7239.jpg

Hi there,

I have just invested in most of the optimum products as completely sold on the ONR/OCW/OSa chance to use the products over the weekend and all are excpetional (and will re-stock when used, will highly recommend) with the exception of 1 product which for me does not perform as directed and is a great let down after all the hype on sires like Detailing World, AutoGeek and other detail sites.

The product in question is 'Optimum Hyper Spray Polish'.

The problem is as follows; it doesnt spray like shown on the autogeek demo videos, where Dr G is there for its demos in use; for me, mine is just like a thick cream like a regular SSR/ megs polish.

When you give a sray or two like the instructions say, there is just a blob that appears on the bad about a 2 pound coin size with a bit of splatter, it doesnt spray like expected.

Any ideas, is this a duff one do you think or can correct it, add OID or somethibng to thindown?

Yes I have shaken vigorously and it is a hot day, not cold temp. I have screwed nozzle all the way out on the bottle and different settings, tried to change nozzle head to one from another bottle from my Jeffs that I know sprays the Gloss and trigger correctly, still no joy just some gunky blobs left on the pad

I poured a bit out for consistency check and is same as menz or ssr polish. I have started using it as trad polish by putting pea size blobs on and working the area first with so pad and area covered... seems to defeat the purpose if spray polish though

Would this be an isolated case or have other found this for this product.

Thanks for all your guidance and direction on this.

DSCF7239.jpg

Steve,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Spray Polish is semi-thick, however, it should give you a nice conical spray pattern as you have seen in the videos. The trick is to give the bottle a good shake before the first use, then open the nozzle about 1-1.5 turns, then pull the trigger quickly. If you pull the trigger slowly, then the pump sprayer will not work properly and you get a stream rather than a fan spray. If you open the nozzle too wide you also get a stream instead of the conical pattern (this is probably the most common reason for getting a stream). In the latter case, just close the nozzle completely and open it 1-1.5 turns. You can then adjust the nozzle to get the exact pattern you like. Once you dial in the nozzle, you do not need to close it or change it anymore.

If the spray pattern does not work for you after the above adjustments, please send the bottle back to us and we will replace it for you. Thanks again.

David,

Steve,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Spray Polish is semi-thick, however, it should give you a nice conical spray pattern as you have seen in the videos. The trick is to give the bottle a good shake before the first use, then open the nozzle about 1-1.5 turns, then pull the trigger quickly. If you pull the trigger slowly, then the pump sprayer will not work properly and you get a stream rather than a fan spray. If you open the nozzle too wide you also get a stream instead of the conical pattern (this is probably the most common reason for getting a stream). In the latter case, just close the nozzle completely and open it 1-1.5 turns. You can then adjust the nozzle to get the exact pattern you like. Once you dial in the nozzle, you do not need to close it or change it anymore.

If the spray pattern does not work for you after the above adjustments, please send the bottle back to us and we will replace it for you. Thanks again.

David,

Many Thanks David, very much appreciated :P I will try all your recommendations.

I put a post over on DW (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=2393213&postcount=16) and Anthony Orosoco was kind enough to reply with some good advice.

He suggested I may have an older nozzle or a bad new nozzle and you may be able to sort me out with a new srayer, I am over in UK.

As I posted I see great potential for this product and completely sold on ONR/OID/OCW and Opti-Seal, I have given all my other products to good homes and now almost exclusively have an optimum product for every task. I have carried out a large detail of my Mitsi Evo without the paint correction stage yet of polishing with DA, just Poli-Seal, OCW and Opti-seal so far with amazing results.

Will let you know how I get on :beerchug[1]:

Archived