Need some advise and confirmation

Drivemax

Hi,Greeting from Malaysian

I'm a fan of optimum product line and really love the ease of use which "easy and simple"...

I do weekly wash for my daily drive car but seem the dirt and dust like OCW very much...2 or 3 days will have ton of dust and dirt sticking to the paint finish ... :crying[1]:

Planning to get OID to aid for drying which have flouropolymers which repel dust, dirt and oil...

There are few question ...

(1) Does OCW have "flouropolymers" or other polymer which does repel dust, dirt and oil?

(2) Planning to get OID to aid for drying purpose..is it possible to add OCW like 1:16 to get UV blocking benefit from OCW and OID dust repel benefit? To save some step for weekly warrior like me ..

(3) Have been using OCW a while and the slickness are very good. However, can OID surpass OCW slickness?

Thanks for any comment and advise

BR

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

The polymers in OID should certainly keep contaminants from "sticking", but I do not think they will "repel" dust. I have heard others comparing OID with FK425 and they have spoken of the FK having 'anti-static' properties. I will ask Dr. G if OID has anti-static repelling properties and get back to you. As for your second question, OCW once a month with OID as a drying agent...combined with the UV inhibitors in your factory clear coat will be plenty of UV protection. The OID will boost and help maintain the OCW and thus, you certainly don't have to do both at the same time. And your last question is a similar response, OID will boost and maintain, but I have not seen it surpass OCW. To put it another way, continued use of OID will keep that "just waxed" look longer and you won't see the look fade like you would from just washing. My usual regimen prior to applying Opti Coat was: Clay and polish every six months, 2 coats of Opti Seal every 3 months, OCW every month, and OID with every wash. I never saw the look dissipate or fall off and my car was very easy to clean and maintain.

Thanks Chris for replying my post ...will be waiting for you or DR. G reply regarding anti-static for OID..

If possible, pls help to ask (1) Does OCW have "flouropolymers" or other polymer which does repel dust, dirt and oil?

Thanks again

BR

Kenneth

Thanks Chris for replying my post ...will be waiting for you or DR. G reply regarding anti-static for OID..

If possible, pls help to ask (1) Does OCW have "flouropolymers" or other polymer which does repel dust, dirt and oil?

Thanks again

BR

Kenneth

Kenneth,

Thank you for your question. Both Optimum Car Wax and Instant Detailer contain fluoropolymers which as you pointed out, help repel dust, dirt, and oil. By applying the Instant Detailer on a regular basis as you described, it should take minimal effort to clean your car. We appreciate if you share your results on the forum. Thanks again.

David,

Kenneth,

Thank you for your question. Both Optimum Car Wax and Instant Detailer contain fluoropolymers which as you pointed out, help repel dust, dirt, and oil. By applying the Instant Detailer on a regular basis as you described, it should take minimal effort to clean your car. We appreciate if you share your results on the forum. Thanks again.

David,

Dr. G

Thanks for the confirmation..

BR

Kenneth

Archived