Optimum Power Clean

Drivemax

Hi,

As know that OPC is also a Multi Purpose Cleaner...

Is it safe for MicroFiber Towel ?

Will OPC degarded the MF water obsorbing power and it softness??

What is the best water dilution OPC to clean MF well?

Is OPC is alkaline based cleaner?

Thanks

Kenneth

Hi,

As know that OPC is also a Multi Purpose Cleaner...

Is it safe for MicroFiber Towel ?

Will OPC degarded the MF water obsorbing power and it softness??

What is the best water dilution OPC to clean MF well?

Is OPC is alkaline based cleaner?

Thanks

Kenneth

Kenneth,

Thank you for bringing up these great questions on the forum since I am sure many others might be interested to know as well. Using Power Clean to clean microfiber towels will not damage the towels in any way. In fact we use it at full strength in our labs to clean microfiber towels that have been used to remove oily dirt and grime. However, I would recommend using it at 3:1 ratio to make it more economical and full strength only if necessary.

Power Clean is not an alkaline cleaner since alkaline cleaners contain caustic soda or caustic potash and have much higher pH than Power Clean. Unlike alkaline based cleaners, Power Clean is safe on painted surfaces or coated wheels. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks again.

David,

Million thanks Dr G for your reply regarding microfiber

I have another question ,as a consumer always curios how "Paint Safe" that OPC are..

As always we do read the instruction before using any APC which "Never let it dry itself" or "Rinse after XX second"

What will happen to the paint finish if we let OPC dry itself at Full Strength level?

Thanks again ..

BR

Kenneth

Million thanks Dr G for your reply regarding microfiber

I have another question ,as a consumer always curios how "Paint Safe" that OPC are..

As always we do read the instruction before using any APC which "Never let it dry itself" or "Rinse after XX second"

What will happen to the paint finish if we let OPC dry itself at Full Strength level?

Thanks again ..

BR

Kenneth

Kenneth,

Power Clean contains a blend of surfactants, solvents, and meta silicate to dissolve and remove oil and dirt. Since there is no caustic soda or caustic potash in this product, it does not etch painted surfaces. However, as the product dries on the surface, the concentration of these cleaning agents will increase and at high temperatures, it may leave a slight haze on the painted surfaces which can be easily removed. That is why we recommend not to let this or any product for that matter dry on the surface. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

David,

• 3 years later...

Kenneth,

Power Clean contains a blend of surfactants, solvents, and meta silicate to dissolve and remove oil and dirt. Since there is no caustic soda or caustic potash in this product, it does not etch painted surfaces. However, as the product dries on the surface, the concentration of these cleaning agents will increase and at high temperatures, it may leave a slight haze on the painted surfaces which can be easily removed. That is why we recommend not to let this or any product for that matter dry on the surface. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

David,

I sprayed Power Clean diluted to 3:1 on glass and inadvertently let it dry. I can now see the haze on the glass but have had no luck removing it. What technique and product do you suggest?

Thanks!

Archived