sprayer for Spray Hyper Compound

Kurt_s

Hi Dr. G,

I finally got a chance to use the Hyper Compound that you sent me to try and review. I don't like the sprayers on either spray polish or compound but I finally got the Hyper Polish sprayer to spray instead of stream after several uses. I like the polish and the compound seems okay but the sprayer is terrible.

I tried to set up the Hyper Spray Compound to spray instead of stream. While applying compound to the pad today, the spray head blew itself apart. The tube that contains the spray nozzel shot out of the spray head along with the spring and several pieces of the spray head. Would you please send me a new sprayer head to replace the broken sprayer? I ended up using another compound as I couldn't apply the Hyper Spray Compound.

I would love to find a better sprayer solution as I have to spray into a box so that the polish and compound don't go all over the workbench, floor or car.

Thanks!

Kurt & Sal,

It does seem that some customers have had sprayer woes. I cannot consistently reproduce the problem though. The sprayers we ship with Hyper Polish & Hyper Compound are "shipping" sprayer which completely close. I can only speculate that the sprayer is not open far enough. In the shop, we open the head fully and then find a good pattern and then never close the head again (kind of set it and forget it). We have had samples than sit here and are used infrequently and every time we go back to use them, one quick pull and we are in business. The other necessary thing is to shake the product very good prior to using and give it another little shake before each spray. Another option you have is to transfer the product into a bottle and use it as a traditional polish. Although this method will not prime the pad as quickly as the sprayer, it can certainly still be used this way (make sure you still shake it well).

It took me many tries to set the spray on my polish bottle. It seems to spray better now and I have set and forget the nozzle. I now spray the polish and compound onto the pad while the pad is inside a box to keep splatter in a confined place.

The compound was spraying with a stream and was easy then hard to spray. The sprayer head blew itself apart as I pulled the trigger spreading compound all over the box, my hands and arms and my work bench. Kind of a drag. I'm also thinking about finding a different type of sprayer head to keep down the mess.

Yes, I know that you need to shake the chemicals before spraying.

Yes, you can use my address that you have on file.

Thanks!

I also have problems with the sprayers on both the OHC and OHP.I have tried shaken both the products repeatedly for several minute's,open the nossel barely,partially,almost fully opened,all the way opened and I ALWAYS get a stream instead of a spray pattern?

Oh and I'm squeezing the trigger fully as well.I found that both the OHC&OHP work EXTREAMELLY well.But most times turn to another product for correcting because I always am wasting and making a mess with both Hyper (Compound/Polish) products.

I actually had AG send me new spray nossel's,still had the same problem's.

If Optimum could come up with better spray nossel's,both OHC&OHP would be all I need for my correcting.Until then,both bottle's (OHC/OHP) sit on my shelves because of the complication's I have when using them.

Just my $.02

Guys, I will look into it and see what else we can find available. You can certainly transfer the product to a squeeze bottle like regular polishes and use them and for convenience sake, I use them in one of these sometimes because it fits in my pocket as I go around the car.

IMG00084-20101007-1814.jpgIMG00086-20101007-1815.jpg

Chris, the chemical works as described. We just can't get it on the pad with the current sprayer.

Optimum needs to solve the sprayer issue. What good is a superior product if we can't put it on the pad?

Hi Dr. G,

I finally got a chance to use the Hyper Compound that you sent me to try and review. I don't like the sprayers on either spray polish or compound but I finally got the Hyper Polish sprayer to spray instead of stream after several uses. I like the polish and the compound seems okay but the sprayer is terrible.

I tried to set up the Hyper Spray Compound to spray instead of stream. While applying compound to the pad today, the spray head blew itself apart. The tube that contains the spray nozzel shot out of the spray head along with the spring and several pieces of the spray head. Would you please send me a new sprayer head to replace the broken sprayer? I ended up using another compound as I couldn't apply the Hyper Spray Compound.

I would love to find a better sprayer solution as I have to spray into a box so that the polish and compound don't go all over the workbench, floor or car.

Thanks!

Kurt,

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you have had while spraying Hyper Polish and Hyper Compound. Chris informed me of the damaged sprayer you had and we sent you a couple of replacements yesterday. We spent several months testing different sprayers before we settled on the ones we are currently using. Most sprayers we tested froze after a few uses for the same reason that many of you have pointed out; Hyper Polish is fairly thick and the Hyper Compound is even thicker. Finding a sprayer that works with these thick liquids was therefore very challenging.

The current sprayer however, in our testing was used to dispense a full bottle at a time without any issues. We even tested these sprayers by spraying 3-4 times a day and sometimes leaving them several days before reusing them to simulate the way they would be used. As part of the process of testing these sprayers, we learned how to work with these sprayers to get the spray pattern we want in a couple of attempts. As some of you have seen in the video we made at the Show Car Garage, we adjusted the sprayer with a couple of tries and the spray patterns were nearly perfect for the two products. I would like to add that for the most part, we have had positive feedback with the spray application.

Basically, the way to make the sprayer work is to open it wide enough to get a stream and then dial it back to a conical spray pattern. The range to find this sweet spot is very narrow so if the sprayer head is slightly too tight, it will not spray and if it is too wide, then there would be a stream coming out. But even if the pattern is not wide and it is somewhat of a stream, it should still be easier to spread the product than a paste one.

We will continue to explore and look for other sprayers that may deliver these products more consistently for everyone. In the meantime, I would like to propose another option and would appreciate and welcome your feedback. We can supply the Hyper Polish and Hyper Compound with a cap or spout and include a sprayer with each bottle so that people would have the option to dispense the Hyper products by pouring instead of spraying them. As Chris pointed out, pouring the product onto the pad works fine and would still make it easier to prime and use the pad relative to a paste product. I look forward to reading your replies to this idea as well as any other suggestions you might have. Please do not hesitate to contact Chris or myself if we can be of any assistance. Thanks again.

David,

Kurt,

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you have had while spraying Hyper Polish and Hyper Compound. Chris informed me of the damaged sprayer you had and we sent you a couple of replacements yesterday. We spent several months testing different sprayers before we settled on the ones we are currently using. Most sprayers we tested froze after a few uses for the same reason that many of you have pointed out; Hyper Polish is fairly thick and the Hyper Compound is even thicker. Finding a sprayer that works with these thick liquids was therefore very challenging.

The current sprayer however, in our testing was used to dispense a full bottle at a time without any issues. We even tested these sprayers by spraying 3-4 times a day and sometimes leaving them several days before reusing them to simulate the way they would be used. As part of the process of testing these sprayers, we learned how to work with these sprayers to get the spray pattern we want in a couple of attempts. As some of you have seen in the video we made at the Show Car Garage, we adjusted the sprayer with a couple of tries and the spray patterns were nearly perfect for the two products. I would like to add that for the most part, we have had positive feedback with the spray application.

Basically, the way to make the sprayer work is to open it wide enough to get a stream and then dial it back to a conical spray pattern. The range to find this sweet spot is very narrow so if the sprayer head is slightly too tight, it will not spray and if it is too wide, then there would be a stream coming out. But even if the pattern is not wide and it is somewhat of a stream, it should still be easier to spread the product than a paste one.

We will continue to explore and look for other sprayers that may deliver these products more consistently for everyone. In the meantime, I would like to propose another option and would appreciate and welcome your feedback. We can supply the Hyper Polish and Hyper Compound with a cap or spout and include a sprayer with each bottle so that people would have the option to dispense the Hyper products by pouring instead of spraying them. As Chris pointed out, pouring the product onto the pad works fine and would still make it easier to prime and use the pad relative to a paste product. I look forward to reading your replies to this idea as well as any other suggestions you might have. Please do not hesitate to contact Chris or myself if we can be of any assistance. Thanks again.

David,

Hi Dr. G,

Thank you for answering my post. Chris has been trying to help me and I appreciate the support from both of you.

I am a enthusiast rather than a professional. I probably only polish and wax 1-2 cars per month, so both the spray polish and compound may sit for a month or more between uses. I finally got the spray polish to spray in a cone rather than a stream on Sunday after three uses. I really like the idea of spraying the pad, I just wish it was more consistent. I had been applying the spray in a soft stream (partial pulls) near the pad when I could get a spray pattern, similar to using a flip top cap but using a trigger to apply instead of squeezing the bottle. For the spray bottle size, the flip top might be a reasonable workaround for the time being as that's what I have to do when I can't get the spray adjustment correct. If you check the AG forum, you'll find a number of us have been having problems with the sprayer, sometimes quietly. One of the guys said that he needed to clean the nozzle carefully to make it spray correctly. Others prime the pad with the stream close to the pad as I just described.

You may want to include instructions in how to set up the nozzle, even here on the website. A video to adjust the nozzle would be totally helpful for new users. For me, right is tight (off) and left is loose (open). So in my mind that would mean that fully open is a stream and nearly closed is a spray. The spray nozzle on the unused compound was "open" in my mind when I received the bottle. I rotated the nozzle to the right in an attempt to get a spray instead of a stream. I never closed the head completely (I never found a hard stop) and the trigger handle went from soft to hard to soft when pulling the trigger, but always dispensing a stream.

Maybe Chris can give me a source for his pump spray bottle as pictured. I wouldn't mind playing around with it, as I should have a couple family member's cars over Christmas to correct. I really like your products as they work well. I like the spray polish, but the trigger head is not quite right for me.

One question that has nagged me is about using the Spray compound with a DA. Is the Hyper Spray Compound more effective with rotaries, as I get more cut with other compounds with my DA?

Thanks again.

Finger Sprayer HERE If you want to keep it in the original bottle, get the 28mm sprayer only. If you want to transfer it to a small one like I use, get the 8oz with 24mm sprayer. Yes, the Hyper system works very good with the rotary, but I get almost the same cut as M105 just using my Flex D/A. The M105 seems to cut a bit faster, but can only be worked for like 30 seconds...where you can work Hyper Compound up to 2-3 minutes. I have never used it with my PC 7424, but will be testing it in the near future with some SurBuf pads just out of curiosity.

M105 seems to cut faster. OHSC works longer, so yeah. I tried both a prototype microfiber compounding pad and an orange pad with the PC. I don't have a Flex or Rotary. I need to try the Surbufs.

I will look into the sprayer and bottle. Thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dr. G and Chris,

I received the two replacement sprayers before Christmas and it was almost like getting an extra Christmas present. I didn't get a chance to use them yet, but hopefully soon.

Thank you for the replacements.

Best regards,

Kurt

I exploded my sprayer on my Hyper Compound as well.I installed a flip top cap on the bottle instead and I will just apply it to the pad the old fashioned way.

There seems to be a very fine line between a spray pattern that is too wide for the given pad size which sprays product all over and closing it down too much causing the head to explode.

Set it and forget it is good advise if you can get it set without blowing up the spray nozzle.

I am sure there is a learning curve and I could have eventually got it right but once you explode the head you are done.

Archived