Opti-Coat Durability

I've had it on my personal vehicle for over three years and it has not fallen off yet. It had been on a test vehicle for three years before I applied it to mine, so I'm certain it "really" is a permanent clear coat as stated. My car was recently in an accident and had to have a repaint. Apparently the painter tried to blend over some sections without scuffing it. The coating would not allow the paint to stick! OptiCoat was my watchdog and made the body shop do the job he should have don in the first place. I applied it to my new rims before they went on the car and they are incredibly easy to care for. ONR is all I need. I will do the rest of the car again as soon as the weather warms up here. It is still on all my glass working like the day I applied it.

Does the opti-coat make it 'ok' to go through a traditional car wash every now and then (with a black car)? Or is that still bad news regarding swirls...

I've had it on my personal vehicle for over three years and it has not fallen off yet. It had been on a test vehicle for three years before I applied it to mine, so I'm certain it "really" is a permanent clear coat as stated. My car was recently in an accident and had to have a repaint. Apparently the painter tried to blend over some sections without scuffing it. The coating would not allow the paint to stick! OptiCoat was my watchdog and made the body shop do the job he should have don in the first place. I applied it to my new rims before they went on the car and they are incredibly easy to care for. ONR is all I need. I will do the rest of the car again as soon as the weather warms up here. It is still on all my glass working like the day I applied it.

Thanks for the responce Chris.

Archived