Degree of difficulty for the novice Opti Coat 2.0

bustonit

Hi folks,

When I read the instructions for the application of the new Opti Coat 2.0 I became concerned that I would not be able to properly apply this product as I may not have the experience or eye to address the thick areas and I am not experienced with correction other than by hand at this point.

So either I need some encouraging direction or an honest assessment if someone with my experience level should be using this product. I have done my fair share of rubbing in my lifetime and have increasingly sought the best products I knew of to use but I have yet to graduate to a pc or a high level proficiency like a detailer or more frequent enthusiast. I detail 2 cars twice yearly max. I know this is barely cutting it, but it is all the time I can allot.

Thanks in advance.

I have used Opti Seal, but only on a set of wheels so far. I bought my Optimum products last summer but due to a serious illness in the family, I was unable get to use it on a car.

I suspect you are correct. I just need to get some lighting then. This product fits my lifestyle so to speak. Now, beyond the correction and polishing phases, and an application of Opti Coat, is there any need for the Opti Seal?

You never know when your car will get hit, a family member or friend will want help with detailing, or something you haven't even thought of will come up. You can also use OptiSeal all over the house on mirrors fixture and what not. I put it on the top panels on my Viking stove.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk

Yeah, I hadn't thought about other applications, but since you mentioned that, I already have some ideas. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I hadn't thought about other applications, but since you mentioned that, I already have some ideas. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Also, be sure to look at it shaded from light along with all the light sources that Chris mentioned. I found the ridges in my panel while shaded that were invisible when bright light was on them.

Also, in higher temperatures I found I really needed to remove the ridges as I went after each small section. I wouldn't recomend applying to a warm panel.

Archived