Can ONR be reused?

I've been an ONR user for about a year and I consider it nothing shy of fantastic! Typically, I would mix up 2 gallons of solution, do the car first, tires and wheels last and dump the remaining solution. Now that my El Camino has emerged from the garage and my son is home from college with his car, there's a few more vehicles in the driveway. Has anyone actually used ONR for more than one wash? My idea was to mix up 4 gallons at a time and do tow or three vehicles, sometimes immediately, sometimes a day or two apart, capping the bucket between jobs. No seriously dirty vehicles will be involved, just ordinary summer road dirt and airborne pollen etc. I do have a grit guard in the bucket and I'll keep a smaller bucket dedicated to wheels and tires. Any harm in doing it this way?

Bill

Interesting reply, Chris

I think I'll mix up a five gallon jug of ONR, cut down a grit guard for a smaller bucket then just pour some in for each wash. It would be easier to tote a gallon or so around the car than a big bucket. Then I could use last week's wash bucket for this week's tire and wheel use and pour a fresh batch for each wash.

Thanks for the tip.

Bill

Interesting reply, Chris

I think I'll mix up a five gallon jug of ONR, cut down a grit guard for a smaller bucket then just pour some in for each wash. It would be easier to tote a gallon or so around the car than a big bucket. Then I could use last week's wash bucket for this week's tire and wheel use and pour a fresh batch for each wash.

Thanks for the tip.

Bill

Exactly the way to go.

I use a 3 gallon pail from Lowes with a cut down grit guard and filling to the 1 1/2 gallons mark. I can barely carry anything around and the less weight the better. Sometimes doing only a couple of car sections at a time. ONR stays good for a long time.

Archived