Comparison of various Optimum protectants

killerjg

I have recently used the Tire Shine and it seems to hold up better than the competing water-based protectants, such as 303 and VinylX among others. Can anyone compare the Tire Shine to the gell that has been referred to, and to the Protectant Plus for tires, exterior rubber, and interior vinyl, etc. Also, which of the three do you recommend for the soft weatherstripping around doors and the trunk lid.

I have recently used the Tire Shine and it seems to hold up better than the competing water-based protectants, such as 303 and VinylX among others. Can anyone compare the Tire Shine to the gell that has been referred to, and to the Protectant Plus for tires, exterior rubber, and interior vinyl, etc. Also, which of the three do you recommend for the soft weatherstripping around doors and the trunk lid.

I use tire shine for exterior trim, rubber, and tires

I use prot plus on all interior vinyl, leather, and plastic

Never tried the others, and won't because the 2 optimum products work so well. :groupwave[1]:

The gel is much ticker and can be sprayed with a gravity fed paint gun. It works great this way and uses much less product. Or you can apply it with an applicator. The gloss is high with a primed applicator but can be knocked down. If you don't have a build up of product it will not sling onto the

side of the car. You can get two weeks durability with this product. It will not be glossy but black.

protectant Plus will leave a matt finish not gloss. However if you spray it and let it dry it will leave a little gloss. It's intended use is for trim and interior. You can also use it in the engine bay.

Ron

Archived