Opti - Coat user from India

sanchits

Hi chris,

Well..i have just ordered opti-coat 2.0 with few other optimum products. Now, i also beleive i m the only one in india who will be using opti-coat.

Though we have plenty of ONR users back here n are fans of this product.

Anyways...i wanted to ask you about the steps involved n any precautions one must take car of before and while applying OC.

Now..i will be applying to my car which has just undergone a fresh paint job with a change of color..which is Deep blood red. This was done just 4 months back.

After 2 months post the painjob...i got the car clayed and covered with a single layer of megs sealent. This was done approx. 2 months back.

Since the claying...the car has hardly covered 200 kms at most and is kept covered 24x7.

I am saying all this...just to give u an idea of the condition of its paint...so that u can reply accordingly.

So i know the key is in the prep work.

So...i have planned to do the foll.

Wash the car with gtechniq G-wash

Polish it with Optimum Polish 2 (using wolfgang polishing pal)

Was it again with g-wash

Apply OC.

So i want to confirm...if the above is ok...do i really need to do claying again since it was done just 2/3 months back ???

The paint is new...but it doew have few light swirl marks here n there...but nothing serious...not scratches or marks or blemishes etc.

Do u think i need to add anything else in the above equation.

Now i also have few questions...on now to apply OC.

I have gone through few forums n read instructions n saw few videos on youtube...but thr instructions differ from person to person.

So pls advice me thr best n the easiest way. But what i have gathered from all the videos/forums is...

For prepping the pad...use 8/10 drops in an X pattern on the pad and the 2/3 drops per panel.

Apply on one panel....with up/down n sideways/circular motion ...to make sure i dont miss out n apply evenly. (with the supplied foam pad)

Then wait for a minute or so...and then wipe the surface with a MF lightly without any pressure...to make sure i eleminate any high spots.

For bigger panels...like hood or boot...divide the panel into 2 and follow the same steps.

So are the above steps fine...or it requires some changes.

After applying...is the waiting time of a minute is enough before i wipe it with a MF ???

I will be applying in novemeber...and the weather that time is quite pleasant and a bit cold too....temperature should be between 15 - 25 celcius and mid to high humidity.

So pls tell me how long to wait before a give a light wipe on each panel.

I will be applying in the open but under shade....so is there anything else i need to take care of.

What steps to follow to Eleminate any chance of High spots...i dont want this happening ???

So please advice on the above

One last question...

I plan to use opti-seal on top of OC from time to time. Is it worth it and how long would one application of Opti seal last on top of OC ???

What is the curing time of OC....how many days for it to fully cure and harden ???

Apart from the above...pls do tell me any other suggestions u have for perfect application.

Thanks

@Chris Thomas....thanks a ton for your detailed reply.

Well...for me i think applying by the provided applicator is th easiest n the best way...by using the syringe with the blue tip to put the product in the pad and then wiping it on the surface.

Have seen lads of videos using the above standard method..so mo confident in using this rather then trying something new. By directly applying to the car...i might end up using a lot more.

So...when 80/90% product is flashed...then I should wipe it with a dry MF.

My question is if i am not able to see flashing or streaks....due to the lighiting or weather ro wateva reasons...then how long should i wait to wipe the panel ??? Is a minute or 2 enough at temperatures of 15-20 degree C ???

What is Opti-eraser...??? Is it some kind of new clay..?? When wilp this be out ??? As i am unable to find it.

I hope the opti polish 2 alone enough to remove earlier sealent/wax, contaminants n ligth swirls or stains ??? I meed some more pre-cleaner as well ???

Can i use "pril diswashing liquid as well....is it advisable ???

Yes...G-wash does not have any gloss enhancing stuff or waxes...its A proper deep clean Shampoo n is highly concentrated.

Do u think i need to use compound as well like megs UC....or the Optimum polish is enuf to remove light swirls too as the paint i jist a few months old ???

So there is no need to wash the car again after poloshing...just wipe it clean with a damp MF n then straightaway apply OC 2.0 after that ???

Any other tips for applying OC 2.0....pls lemme know.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

hey chris...

i also want to know whether i can apply OCv2 in the open ??? i know it shouldnt be applied under direct sunlight...but can it be applied in the open but away from direct sunlight ???

i will be claying the surface as well...so do i clay before polishing or after ??? the step i have finalized are

wash with g-wash

Clay

Polish with OPv2

Wash g wash

Dry

apply Opti Coa 2.0

for light swirl marks on a paint which is just 6 months old....is polishing with OPv2 enough or should i also use Compounding ?? i also have megs UC...is it necessary on paint which is just 6 months old.

Can i use opti coat on my brand new White Rims...these are gloss white painted from the factory/manufacturer ofcourse ??? these are not yet installed on the car...so are brand new...it will be way easier for me to apply on em. Trying my hands on the wheels first would be good practice before i do the car...as it has similar paint finish as the car...no ??

I have one more question regarding the shelf life or storage of OC 2.0.

Once i open the Syringe...how long can i keep it after its opened ??? Do i have to use all of it once its opened or I can use some and keep the rest ?? i would keep it in the syringe....n use it from it.

Can i use OC 2.0 on side and rear and outside rear view mirrors ?? if yes, anything i need to be careful off or the same rules/steps are applied even while doing windows/glass ???

thanks for all your help

appreicate it

cheers

hey chris...

i also want to know whether i can apply OCv2 in the open ??? i know it shouldnt be applied under direct sunlight...but can it be applied in the open but away from direct sunlight ???

i will be claying the surface as well...so do i clay before polishing or after ??? the step i have finalized are

wash with g-wash

Clay

Polish with OPv2

Wash g wash

Dry

apply Opti Coa 2.0

for light swirl marks on a paint which is just 6 months old....is polishing with OPv2 enough or should i also use Compounding ?? i also have megs UC...is it necessary on paint which is just 6 months old.

Can i use opti coat on my brand new White Rims...these are gloss white painted from the factory/manufacturer ofcourse ??? these are not yet installed on the car...so are brand new...it will be way easier for me to apply on em. Trying my hands on the wheels first would be good practice before i do the car...as it has similar paint finish as the car...no ??

I have one more question regarding the shelf life or storage of OC 2.0.

Once i open the Syringe...how long can i keep it after its opened ??? Do i have to use all of it once its opened or I can use some and keep the rest ?? i would keep it in the syringe....n use it from it.

Can i use OC 2.0 on side and rear and outside rear view mirrors ?? if yes, anything i need to be careful off or the same rules/steps are applied even while doing windows/glass ???

thanks for all your help

appreicate it

cheers

HI CHRIS THOMAS....waiting for your reply on the above. Thanks

Archived