Porter Cable 7424XP and Optimum Hyper Polishing System Kit

Just getting started in the world of detailing, I purchased the PC 7424xp as my polisher, I also purchased the optimum hyper polishing kit with double sided pads, Will these pads work with my polisher if I use the optimum double sided rotorary adapter along with a D.A. adapter, or should I really have a larger machine to handle the size of the pads? I plan to use the Hyper Polish Spray on my new Genesis coup before I apply the opticoat 2.0. I plan on keeping the polisher but could try to return the pads, if you would recommend smaller pads what would your recommendation be for use with the polishing system? Thanks for your help. Great to be a new member of the opti family!

• 1 year later...

I use the 3.5" pads on the Porter Cable Orbital Polisher with great results. I use Optimum Compound, Optimum Polish II and Optimum Polish. The foam pads are dependent on how much cut you want. If you wet block sand 1500-2000 grit then Medium cut on the Compound, Light cut on the Polish II and No cut on Polishinh pad. You can safely OC 2.0 after alcohol bath (I use 30% solution)

Archived