First time Optimum user

Guest Guest_gimpy_*

Guest Guest_gimpy_*

I have a 2005 Infiniti G35 cpe. in perl. white met. The finish has only very minor spyder webbing and I was going to use Opt. polish on it. My question has to do with choosing the right

foam pad for the job. I have a complete selection of the Edge 2000 double sided pads as well as several different Lake Country pads. What pad would you sugjest I use, preferably with

the Edge pads, and with my minor problem, how long should I work the polish in? I'll be using a Porter Cable machine, so would considerable pressure be needed to get the right results?

My blue Edge pads have 70 ppi (finishing pad) and their white ultrafine finishing pad has 80 ppi. I'm hoping one of these might be right for the job in your estimation as anything more aggresive like the orange light cutting pad (60 ppi) seems like too much. Your thoughts on my project would be greatly appreciated.

My thought on this is to use an orange pad. Why? I feel that your pearl white paint may be hiding the fact that the defects are deeper then they appear. You should be able to achieve an LSP finish with this combo. If you think it is necessary to go one more step then do it with one of your finishing pads.

Archived