Help needed for preparing car for Optimum Coat 2.0 application.

mjoshi123

Hi All,

This might be the most asked for question but I couldn't find clear answer for this particular thing on my own. Here is situation.

I've purchased brand new Acura TSX Sport Wagon in black color 2 weeks back from dealership. I've tried to figure out what is best way to keep my new car color shine intact for longer duration and came across Opti coat 2.0 for consumer application.

I've done a detail work done for my car at local tint shop here, they took care of any scuff marks or scratches that were left out from dealer or happen during last two weeks and did pretty good job with it. I think what the local guy did was buff out any scratches or scuffs of car, put some polish on it and then some sealant and light coat of wax.

I've seen many videos explaining how to apply OC 2.0 but could not figure out step of what needs to be done to prepare car so it is in ideal condition to apply Opti Coat.

I need help with figuring out what do I need to prep my car for application of OC 2.0

I've purchased following things so far to prep my car

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

Optimum Instant Detailer

Optimum Power Clean

Is there anything else that I need to wash my car with to make it ready for OC 2.0 application ? Also is there any step by step guide showing what needs to be done in which order ?

Any help or guide is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MJ

I would use compound to remove the sealant and wax that the detailer applied. Something like Polish 2 , Hyper Polish or Finish as Chris has mention in previous post To bond properly the painted surface must be cleaned of any contaminates.

I would use compound to remove the sealant and wax that the detailer applied. Something like Polish 2 , Hyper Polish or Finish as Chris has mention in previous post To bond properly the painted surface must be cleaned of any contaminates.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your update, please pardon my novice question but is this product that I need to apply first to remove any wax that was applied by dealer ?

http://www.amazon.com/OPT-Optimum-Hyper-Polish-Spray/dp/B004RIT6F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377569146&sr=8-1&keywords=Optimum+Hyper+Spray+Polish

And how should it be applied to car ? Do I need to wash car first and then apply this polish and then apply Opti Coat 2.0 ?

Also what will I need to apply this polish to my car ? Do I need any specific tools for it ?

Could you please point to the post that Chris made you are referring to ?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your update, please pardon my novice question but is this product that I need to apply first to remove any wax that was applied by dealer ?

http://www.amazon.com/OPT-Optimum-Hyper-Polish-Spray/dp/B004RIT6F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377569146&sr=8-1&keywords=Optimum+Hyper+Spray+Polish

And how should it be applied to car ? Do I need to wash car first and then apply this polish and then apply Opti Coat 2.0 ?

Also what will I need to apply this polish to my car ? Do I need any specific tools for it ?

Could you please point to the post that Chris made you are referring to ?

http://optimumforums.org/index.php?showtopic=2580

Archived