Can I restore paint using my current processes, then final with OCP?

Uber-Shine

Hi Guys, I guess many would say I'm too old school, (or just too old n' grumpy) but I've been searching for a really good final finish/sealant for years that would lock in the restorative polishing that I do on older single stage (and the occasional base clear project) to OE Porsche paint. I haven't tried any of the Optimum products yet but I REALLY like the all the media that I've read on the various Optimum products. Can I use my current processes (3M and Menzerna) to perform the multi-stages, then seal the paint with Opti-Coat Pro or Gloss or? Or will the Opti-compound restore faded and degraded single stages just as well as the old standards? Though I've done a fair amount of research, I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this question yet. Thanks

Every one has they're favorite combination when it comes to compound and polish. You will want to use Optimum Primer polish prior to applying Opti-Coat. We use it as well when doing a Gloss-Coat application.

Your current process will work with the coating products. You should give Hyper Compound and Hyper polish a shot. They may surprise you. It's all we use in our shop.

Archived