Poli-Seal, what pad?

sal329

I have 5.5" LC CCS with my PC should I use the Poli-Seal with an Orange pad or a White pad?

My opinion is that if you need an orange pad, you need more correction than PS will provide. I use it all the time with a white CCS pad for one steps, but when performing a compounding or polishing step (with a more abrasive polish), I will use PS as the topper on a gray CCS. I also find that when doing a darker color a high speed pass with the gray or blue CCS will really improve the first pass with the white.

Hope that helps,

Chris

So after you get the car swirl free, would you use a finishing polish with a white pad then PS with gray pad? Or skip the finishing polish and go righ to PS on gray pad?

What speed would you generally use with PS and gray pad?

What speed for a white pad and PS as a 1 step?

Thanks for the help

I always do a test panel. I was seeing if there was some sort of general rule with PS? Maybe I am just thinking to much into the product. I tend to over analyse things.

So after you get the car swirl free, would you use a finishing polish with a white pad then PS with gray pad? Or skip the finishing polish and go righ to PS on gray pad?

Whether you go from a compound to a polish to poliseal or compound straight to poliseal really depends on how your compounding went and how soft the paint was. If the paint was soft and the compounding haze is light, you probably could skip the polish and go straight to PS. If you are using hard paint or the compound haze is a little rough, poliseal may not have the muscle to clean up the haze. I know that wasn't very helpful but this is where experience matters so much.

The first time I polished my car, used a sample Optimum Compound on an orange pad and very hard white paint. The paint finished very nice. I went to a sample PS on a white pad and due to the hardness of my paint, could not tell a difference. I should have used Optimum Polish rather than PoliSeal.

What speed would you generally use with PS and gray pad?

Three on a DA or about 1000 RPM's on a rotary.

What speed for a white pad and PS as a 1 step?

6 on a DA or about 1300 on a rotary.

Archived