Washing an Opticoated car.

Brent

If this has already been answered, I do apologize. I looked around and could not find it anywhere.

I know often times if I am washing a car with splattered bugs all over it, I will something pretty strong (APC or Gug and Tar Remover) to remove the bug guts which will ultimately remove the wax or sealant resulting in my neediming to reapply the LSP on the car (or atleast the front) even if it had a fresh coat of LSP before hand.

From reading about Opti-Coat, it appears that it needs to be abraded to be removed and that it stands up to harsh cleaners. So would it be safe to say if my car has a coat of Opti-Coat on it and I am doing quite a bit of highway travel and needing to spray APC or Bug and Tar Remover pretty regularly to wash bug guts off that the coating should be just fine after those harsh washes? If so, that would be very convenient during summer travel this season.

I appreciate any feedback anyone has and if this has already been addressed, I apologize.

If this has already been answered, I do apologize. I looked around and could not find it anywhere.

I know often times if I am washing a car with splattered bugs all over it, I will something pretty strong (APC or Gug and Tar Remover) to remove the bug guts which will ultimately remove the wax or sealant resulting in my neediming to reapply the LSP on the car (or atleast the front) even if it had a fresh coat of LSP before hand.

From reading about Opti-Coat, it appears that it needs to be abraded to be removed and that it stands up to harsh cleaners. So would it be safe to say if my car has a coat of Opti-Coat on it and I am doing quite a bit of highway travel and needing to spray APC or Bug and Tar Remover pretty regularly to wash bug guts off that the coating should be just fine after those harsh washes? If so, that would be very convenient during summer travel this season.

I appreciate any feedback anyone has and if this has already been addressed, I apologize.

It will make washing much easier and it should be able to stand up to harsher chemicals than typical sealants and waxes. As with any protectant on paint the longer something like bugs and bird poo stays on that paint the more damage it does so the key is using safer products more frequently.....BUT Opti-Coat is most likely not going to be sold to anyone but professional detailers.

As far as I know so far individuals, such as enthusiast type detailers, will not be sold Opti-Coat.

Anthony

It will make washing much easier and it should be able to stand up to harsher chemicals than typical sealants and waxes. As with any protectant on paint the longer something like bugs and bird poo stays on that paint the more damage it does so the key is using safer products more frequently

That makes sense, thanks for the reply.

.....BUT Opti-Coat is most likely not going to be sold to anyone but professional detailers.

As far as I know so far individuals, such as enthusiast type detailers, will not be sold Opti-Coat.

Anthony

I am hoping a pro in or around Louisville will become an Opti-Coat dealer. I haven't heard of any yet. Will Dr. G list the Opti-Coat dealers on the Optimum website some time in the future?

That makes sense, thanks for the reply.

I am hoping a pro in or around Louisville will become an Opti-Coat dealer. I haven't heard of any yet. Will Dr. G list the Opti-Coat dealers on the Optimum website some time in the future?

There should be something in the works for such a list.

Anthony

Archived