Forum question

lee

Yep, sometimes the forum does get a tad slow.

My observation of this condition is that everybody here is above board providing valuable information on what does work, new ways they have tried a particular OPT product and more importantly information when some process they attempted did not work.

I am more of a lurker then a poster [i check in everyday] and noticed that we don’t have any drama, animosity, nasty name calling, secret agendas or those coming on board to pick a fight. The lack of keyboard detailers is a big plus. Golly boring and dull are good!

This community rocks! :beerchug[1]:

al

Here is what I have been researching the last three months during my down time from detailing.

I have been working on a set of documents that may help some of us out concerning how to get new business using Cold Calling which most of us are not good at. You can convert this information into your own style for telelphone sales, in person one on one meetings or at events with your potential new clients. :beerchug[1]:

So far I have completed these topic headings:

• Cold Calling a Process, Technique & Strategy - 7 pages
  • Mindset of Today’s Telephone Sales Professional - 5 pages
  • Script Preparations - 3 pages

I still have one or two more headings that are unfinished even as rough drafts.

Steve a detailer in Clearwater, Florida is helping me out by checking my work.

If these are of interest to you please let me know.

I am always looking for another proof editor if you are interested. More eyes make a better presentation.

Al

IF you care to I would be happy to contribute to your articles if you would like. I have vast experience in cold calling, mostly to dealers and whiolesale accounts, selling automotive appearance services. You can PM me, or e-mail me at yvan@(insert my user name here).net

As for the board being slow, first this board is based on products that are at the top of the the art, so no great need to sell the products merrits, they speak for themselves.

Second, no big ego's here, no one trying to prove they have the best way of doing something, we all have it, we use the best products.

Third, great administration and moderating, keeps the rif raf at bay.

Forth, good search engine on this board, negating repeat questions.

Plus many more reasons, but we know them all. Being a slow board is not a bad thing, when you look at the quality of the content, we have what we need, without all the spam of the other boards.

I have been working on a set of documents that may help some of us out concerning how to get new business using Cold Calling which most of us are not good at. You can convert this information into your own style for telelphone sales, in person one on one meetings or at events with your potential new clients.

I'm not part of the professional detailing community, but it seems like this information might deserve its own thread to get more exposure to the professionals.

We want to do more with the forum but energy and time are the main issue right now. Just not enough of both!

I want to thank everyone though that does participate and also for reporting the spam people.....it's a chore just keeping those people from joining. I get a good number of spammers wanting to join every week and I have to search their IP's, email address and also screen name to see if they are legit which is time consuming.

So thanks again to all who keep this place calm :beerchug[1]:

Anthony

I am with Charles in not being a Proffessional detailer always nice to see the work done here and manner its done in.

I use ONR to clean Poli-Seal by hand followed by Opti-Seal.

Is using Poli-Seal by hand too much for the paint say three times per year maybe four times.

Thanx much :beerchug[1]:

Archived