Outdated Opti-Coat

garbud

It's my understanding that when you get Opti Coating from Dr. G it's good for 90 days. So what happens to it after 90 days? Is it still useable?

Garbud

As with many things that have a date on them it is suggestive. We have had OptiCoat for a lot longer than 90 days. The more air tight the better. Every time it comes in contact with air it decreases shelf life.

As long as it is in liquid form and not starting to gel or solidify it's good.

Anthony

As with many things that have a date on them it is suggestive. We have had OptiCoat for a lot longer than 90 days. The more air tight the better. Every time it comes in contact with air it decreases shelf life.

As long as it is in liquid form and not starting to gel or solidify it's good.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony! Here in the desert of So Cal it was a real challenge to use Opti Coat in the summer heat so I've been waiting for the weather to cool down to finish using it. Almost good to go now!!!

Garbud

We are here in South Texas and we deal with high temps and high humidity so I can share with you that concern in regards to heat. We have to apply the OptiCoat in the cool of the morning which can be difficult because while it may be 75 the humidity is 90%.

It can be applied in the heat but it takes a lot more patience and practice. Smaller areas need to be done as it flashes quicker.

Take care,

Anthony

• 2 years later...

Last summer Ibought some Opti Coat 2.0 for the wheels of my garage queen. I coated the wheels, and am very happy with the product. Now, I have about 10 mls left, and want to use it on my daily driver for a full car coat. My question is, I examined the product under light (its in the original syringe) and it looks clear with no particulates in it. It's been stored in the box it came in, in the syringe, wrapped in the plastic bag in temps from 55-90 degrees in my garage. I can't see any "gelling" of solidifying in the syringe. So, I guess it's stil good ??? Is the 90 day thing for Optiguard or Opticoat 2.0??? Im probably going to need more anyway, but I would like to use the old stuff first if its still good. Thanks! Also, I just started using ONR and love it! I use it as a NRW, detail spray, and its excellent as a clay bar lube.

Archived