ONR+ID+Spray Wax?

I would like to use ONR, Instant Detailer mixed for a waterless wash type system but was wondering if I can also add the Optimum Spray Wax to the mix and be fine? I figured I'd mix the ID like usual but with a little more water and a touch of ONR and then maybe an ounce or two of spray wax. I tried Justin's Waterless Wash + Carnauba from Obsessive Detail and like it a lot but figured I can make my own. Will this work with the wax or no?

Thanks for any info!

Eh, well it was worth a try. I will try it out on a dark car and see how it does. Not sure if the ONR or QD is going to cut out the wax though or not let the wax apply itself to the surface... Hmm.

• 3 weeks later...
Try it and let us know how it works. I don't think you will get a reply suggesting a formula though. Optimum will be offering OptiClean soon and releasing a DIY would be counterproductive.

I am very much looking forward to the release of OptiClean. Even bought a gallon of another brand of waterless wash hoping that would speed things up. (Kind of like how washing the car brings on the rain).

Archived