Boat question?

All of a sudden I'm getting more and more boats, do opt products work on gel coat? Which would you recommend, I have poly seal, ocw, and opti seal? I hear marine grade polymer is the same as automotive grade polymer. Has anyone had any experience using opt products on fiberglass or gel coat? This would be a mix of fresh water and salt water environments. Thanks for any advice :)

I usually do OCW on the hull and Optiseal on the glass. OptiCoat is ideal but sometimes it's a hard sell. The more OptiCoat I apply at one of the marinas though has apparently generated some conversation because more are asking about it.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Yea I'd opti coat them for sure but the sq ft of a boat it would probably take $200 worth of coat to do a boat. Does Ocw on the haul last, or u doing like a monthly maintenance type thing?

I would be interested to see how the Opti-Coat holds up on the hull of a boat. It will be expensive for sure. I would like to Opti-Coat my engine cowl after a good polish just for the durability and a good test against the salt water and heat that it gets.

I would be interested to see how the Opti-Coat holds up on the hull of a boat. It will be expensive for sure. I would like to Opti-Coat my engine cowl after a good polish just for the durability and a good test against the salt water and heat that it gets.

Yea the customers I would market it to would be all my new salt water customers coming out of the wood work lately, hauls are being hit constantly with severe elements unlike cars, so I would be interested first in durability then the release properties of how well you could just pull your boat out of the water, hit it with a pressure washer/ detergent and see if you have the traditional water line or staining

Depends on how long it's been in the water. I've had to use acid before when they take one outta the water and that stuff drys hard as a rock. I'm certain I will help with maintenance but probably not with neglect.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Cool deal, I still need to send in that form for opti coat, I've had it sitting there forever just need to buy some envelopes and stamps and get it mailed in!

• 11 months later...

Archived