OptiGuard for headlights?

I'm curious if anyone has used OptiGuard on headlights after a sanding/polishing restoration to slow or prevent them from hazing and yellowing again. I applied it to some headlights that I'd restored a couple of weeks ago, but of course I won't have an answer myself for several months. If anyone has real-world experience, what have you seen? Thanks.

Works great but I haven't done loooonnnnggg term testing

Same here. I did the lights on an Olds Intrigue DD two weeks ago. I prepped both the same, but only Opti-Coated the left light, using just wax on the right side. It's only been a short time, but here are my observations so far:

1)The gloss of the reflectors is very slightly muted on the OC side, but lens of the OC side has definitely noticeable difference in the depth of the finish.

2)OC repels bug guts better than conventional waxes /sealants. Maybe it's because it's so fresh, but splattered bugs clean up much easier on the OC side.

This car is in the family, so I see it all the time. I'll post updates periodically.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using OC to coat any headlights and taillights I work on. I have high hopes but don't know anything long term at this point.

Well, It's only been about 5 weeks, but here's my update:

The gloss, IMO is now equalized between the OC treated right headlight and the Collinite 845 treated left headlight. Weather hasn't been severe in PA, as all our rainfall came in May. One thing I mentioned in my initial update that's even more evident now is the slickness of the lenses. After treatment, the OC side was noticeably less slippery than the 845 side. Now, after 6 weeks it's the opposite, as the OC light is definitely slicker than the 845 side. Washes have been with ONR exclusively and I notice residue from bugs is much easier to wipe clean from the OC side. So far, my opinion is that OC is definitely a winner for headlight resto work. I'll update again in a couple months.

Bill

Archived