Poli-Seal vers Blackfire Polish

james

Well..Every now and then I get a wild hair and try something else (new) I should know better, but this time, after reading all the hype, I tried Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. I was doing my white 2010 truck and really didn't see any difference in shine between the Blackfire and Poli-Seal. WHAT I did see is a difference in the way the Blackfire works, at least in regards to ease of removal. What a pain in the rear! I worked inside the garage with a breeze, 90 degrees and fairly low humidity. No matter how thin or how long I gave the Blackfire time to dry it would still smear doing the finger test, which made it more difficult to wipe off. That alone was a deal breaker for me!...Back to Optimum.

Here is what I have been doing and want to ask a question. I will detail about twice a year and in between after every wash I'll spray the truck down with OSW. I have read some reports about doing the same with OID and other than the cost, the time involved is the same...so why not use OSW? I also read that some are spraying the OSW on their cars while the car is wet, drying the car and then buffing. Can you do this?

Lastly...if I understand correctly...Poli-Seal has a sealant as well as OSW? With the regularity that I am using the OSW is there any benefit in using Opti-Seal? OR will I get a bit more shine doing so?

Thanks

Jim

OCW adds real protection and OID is just a gloss enhancer. Also, application should be different. OID is wipe on wipe off, but OCW should be buffed. Even to the point of using a finishing pad on a machine. This method will add depth, shine, and durability over applying it like a QD.

You will get much better results if you DON'T apply OCW to a wet car. OID is fine this way but OCW is not recommended. What I have suggested is that while ONR washing you can OCW between the two drying passes, but that is barely damp and certainly not wet.

OS looks killer topping PS, and then OCW for maintenance is what I did befo Opticoat and I loved it.

Clarification if you would? After washing and drying,I have, as the instructions on the bottle indicate, sprayed a panel at a time with OCW, spread it around with a micro-fiber towel and then wiped it off with a clean micro-fiber towel then moved on to the next panel. Are you saying that rather than wipe it on and wipe it off, I should be buffing it off with a buffer? I thought the whole point of ease of use was "spray it on and wipe it off" Just want to understand the process and if I have been doing it wrong? If that's the case how long can I wait before buffing the OCW off? Panel at a time or do the entire car then buff.

Jim

Clarification if you would? After washing and drying,I have, as the instructions on the bottle indicate, sprayed a panel at a time with OCW, spread it around with a micro-fiber towel and then wiped it off with a clean micro-fiber towel then moved on to the next panel. Are you saying that rather than wipe it on and wipe it off, I should be buffing it off with a buffer? I thought the whole point of ease of use was "spray it on and wipe it off" Just want to understand the process and if I have been doing it wrong? If that's the case how long can I wait before buffing the OCW off? Panel at a time or do the entire car then buff.

Jim

You can spray it on, wipe with one towel then use a second one to completely buff off, or if you want to burnish it you can apply it by applying some Ocw to a finishing pad and apply it like a regular wax

Archived