New from NJ

bmw5541

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, but am a member of many other detailing forums. I have been using Optimum products for quite some time now, and must say that I have always been impressed with them all. Dr. G has taken the time to talk to me on the phone in the past, and I must say that it is refreshing to see a President of a company spend time talking to his customers the way he does.

I have a job coming up on Tuesday and I will be applying Opti Coat 2.0 for the first time. If anyone can offer any helpful tips, I would appreciate it.

Welcome! And my useful tip is to make sure the surface is free from all polishing oils, it's about the only thing I've found that makes the application process difficult. Griots has a pre wax cleaner that works great if your using non opt polishes, and if you are using opt compounds and polishes you can use just a damp mf towel to remove anything on the surface and your ready to go! Other then that do one panel at a time and check for high spots ;)

Barry, welcome to Optimum forums! Perfections has covered the bases with Opticoat, and you can email me if you have any further questions before or during.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I detailed this GMC Terrain last November, and am now doing the Spring/Summer Detail. I went to inspect the car the other day, and was surprised to see it was in the shape that it was in. I guess no matter how many times I tell my clients to stay away from the Swirl-O-Matics, they just don't. I was thinking maybe using Hyper Polish Spray on a Surbuf, and refining it with Final Polish on a H20 Crimson pad. Should I just use a damp MF after polishing, or do you recommend an IPA wipe down before Opti-Coat?

Archived