Leather Care and Protectant Plus?

richb

I was going to use Protectant Plus on my leather seats. Can anyone give me feedback/ application tips for leather? Also, will Protectant Plus make my leather seats a bit softer like a leather conditioner would?

Can I use Protectant Plus on my leather while using a traditional leather conditioner (without UV protection)? If so, should I use a conditioner first then apply the Protectant Plus?

I was mainly gong to apply Protectant Plus to protect my leather against the sun. However, I found out that Zaino z10 will condition and protect my leather from UV rays.

Thanks!

I was going to use Protectant Plus on my leather seats. Can anyone give me feedback/ application tips for leather? Also, will Protectant Plus make my leather seats a bit softer like a leather conditioner would?

Can I use Protectant Plus on my leather while using a traditional leather conditioner (without UV protection)? If so, should I use a conditioner first then apply the Protectant Plus?

I was mainly gong to apply Protectant Plus to protect my leather against the sun. However, I found out that Zaino z10 will condition and protect my leather from UV rays.

Thanks!

Protectant Plus has the same sealers that the leather Mfg's use to seal the finish. It will not give you much gloss. I apply it with a sponge let dwell and buff off with a clean towel.

Yes, Protectant + has UV absorbers in it also, no shine, anti-static properties and very nice protection on exterior pieces also like trim.

The one thing it does not have is a "leather" smell but in reality leather has no smell......at least not what people think is leather. The smell or odor most associated with that " new leather smell" is your cars interior gassing off all the adhesives, sealers, etc. used to assemble the interior....from plastics to fabrics. It can actually cause you to get sick which is why many new car makers are seeking to cut back on these compounds (VOC's volatile organic compounds).

Another reason why many of the Optimum products have no odor is because many times adding a fragrance can have adverse effects on the formula. A chemist seeks to use the least amount of ingredients or components to make their product. If the product works without a scent, Optimum then will most likely not add one.

Anthony

Archived