Opti- Coat 2.0

Guest No.1 Custom Detailing

Hello Dr.G, how are you? Sir your product is amazing... and I just have a question and needed your best advice for perfect result and strongest result on the paint's clear coat for strong ultimate scratch resistant after applying the Opti_Coat 2.0 Sir It's my first time to apply Opti_Coat 2.0 but had an experience in applying paint protection from a different product. Dr. G, if you could correct me on my personal application I would really really appreciate it Sir because i know your the source of this. This is my detailed stage process after the paint correction: 1. My last product to apply on paint was Opti Seal on a polishing Pads with buffer speed of 1500rpm more or less and bring out its best gloss then wipe off with microfiber cloth.

2. Spray Meguiar's APC All Purpose Cleaner on a 2:10 Water Mix. Spray on paint then wipe off remaining oils and wax, etc. with a micro fiber sponge.

3. Rinse with water

4. Dry with microfiber cloths

5. Spray with IPA 15-20% on paint

6. Wipe off until properly dry

7. Apply Opti_Coat 2.0 on a applicator pad one panel at a time using cross and circular application

8. Give it 3-5 mins then wipe slowly with straight line on new micro fiber cloth to even out Opti_Coat remaining lines on paint.

9. Now my next panel up to the whole car on the same process and step.

10. My enclosed room working temperature at night was around 15-22 Degrees which is normally cool during the application.

11. On curing period of 24hrs the following day, The car will just sit on my room garage with highest temperature of 28-32 Degrees from 11am up to 3pm on that day then 25- 22 degrees on 4pm onwards.

12. The result is show car finish..

Dr. G if this is correct application process or you see something missing how could I Modify this in order to achieve the Strongest Clear Coat on a car to have pure paint protection. Now this are brand-new cars from a showroom. All my clients are expecting a strong scratch resistant coat on the paint and sometimes they would test it after the curing period with there fingernails pushing and scraping the paint and it would leave a lite mark on it. I need you help on this. Since I'm the only Detailing company who carries OPT and Opti_Coat 2.0. in my area. Thank you very much Dr.G

The doc and chris are at sema right now so I'll do my best to help you, first try and sell opti coat more as a permanent paint protectant versus being ultra scratch resistance for painted surfaces. While it is more dense then many clear coats which increases scratch resistance it's more about how opti coat releases contaminants that makes it less prone to scratches during the washing process. Your application process seems fine although I would swap meg's apc for opt power clean for removing wax/oils off of the paints surface as megs isn't labeled for paint. Just be sure to completely wash off the power clean because if not it will leave a residue that will interfere with the opti coats installation. If you have any other question ask away, and I'm sure chris or the doc will chime in once they return :)

Also an idea just popped into my head of using a painting booth enclosed oven at 50- 70 Degress at 1 hour for curing an Opti-Coat 2.0 after the application on a vehicle. Hope my Idea was helpful though cheese1[1].gif

Archived