Clear coat spot on a repainted single stage paint after Opti-Coat

VGA 1

Hi Dr.G just need your solution. Ok I was paint correcting then jeweling a black metallic repainted single stage paint using rotary which came out really great. After checking a panel with a spot light I realized some of the clear coat were actually faded by just a coin sized spot due to too much polishing and finishing. I Tried to finish and applied Opti Seal and it did cover up 80 % of the faded spot. Next thing I did was applied Opti_Coat to the panel thinking I will be sealing the spot once and for all. Few days later when I checked again... the spot was still there and very obvious. Hope there's a solution with out repainting I am just worried.Dr. G pls help

I'm not the Doc, but single stage paint doesn't have clear coat. Also the repairs I've made to clear coat failure with opticoat are still holding up although your able to see where it is. If you burned through the paint the only true fix is to repaint if you don't like seeing the blemish.

Did you reprep the area after OS befor OC? if not, it probably didn't bond as it will only stick to paint and not a sealant.

Yes chris I did a prep on OS and did cover up the spot to 80-85% then I applied OC. Its actually a 1/2 inch circular light spot and also realized lot of small spots are coming out ill try to take photo's later on.

I'm not the Doc, but single stage paint doesn't have clear coat. Also the repairs I've made to clear coat failure with opticoat are still holding up although your able to see where it is. If you burned through the paint the only true fix is to repaint if you don't like seeing the blemish.

Sorry for the term I used ''single stage paint'' actually its not. I thought it was anyway, The paints history:

1. Original black (jet black) 1996 with clear coat

2. Car had a head on collusion on 2000

3, Re-paired then re-sprayed to black metallic over its original jet black. - in the Philippines we call it ''wash over'' its a process of getting your car a new color by just removing or sanding a clear coat away then applying new paint without primer to your car with clear coat by just a light process to save cost.

This is happening due to insufficient light while paint correcting a paint indoor on a day time which is called stupidity lol

Archived