OS with glaze or not

Guest chefwong

Guest chefwong

I plan to try out OS on a polished jet black car.

It currently has Zaino on it. The *test bed* will be a part of the car that I will remove the Z from it.

Durability wise, is there going to be a difference with Optiseal on bare paint as opposed to either a:) acrylic glaze like CG/Danase or b:) CK RMG . I'd be more incline to try the glaze/OS combo ;-)

Hey chefwong,

My personal feelings on a glaze is...."Me no like"....yet a lot of people like the way they look so that's cool. As for OS on top of a glaze? I am guessing it would work although you may have some streaks to buff away later. I prefer the Opti-Seal on fresh polished paint and the durability would most likely not be effected either way by a glaze.

I would glaze one panel and then try the Opti-Seal and if it works out nice go to town on the rest of the car ;)

Anthony

Hey chefwong,

My personal feelings on a glaze is...."Me no like"....yet a lot of people like the way they look so that's cool. As for OS on top of a glaze? I am guessing it would work although you may have some streaks to buff away later. I prefer the Opti-Seal on fresh polished paint and the durability would most likely not be effected either way by a glaze.

I would glaze one panel and then try the Opti-Seal and if it works out nice go to town on the rest of the car :thumbsupup[1]:

Anthony

How about opti seal over poli seal? any issues? I plan on using OC, OPS, OS on customer's cars.

:thumbsupup[1]:-->

QUOTE(Justin B @ May 1 2007, 03:19 PM)
How about opti seal over poli seal? any issues? I plan on using OC, OPS, OS on customer's cars.

Shouldn't be any issues other than you may experience some light streaks which are easily removed with a light buffing with a MF towel. This combo is the fav of many detailers right now.

Anthony

Cool thanks. OPS shouldn't have any issues removing any light micromarring OC leaves correct? If you say, had just a PC and the 4" cyclo edge 2k pads, on a normal detail (basic swirls) what pad colors would you use with the OC and same question for the OPS? Thanks.

Archived